• Community
  • Products
  • Jira Software
  • Questions
  • Cannot start a sprint without warning for our Story Issues (ex. IT-#### do not have a value for the 'Estimate' field. Values entered after the start of the sprint will be treated as scope change.)

Cannot start a sprint without warning for our Story Issues (ex. IT-#### do not have a value for the 'Estimate' field. Values entered after the start of the sprint will be treated as scope change.)

Celia Griffin March 27, 2014

The Issues showing are all Stories, that have sub-tasks with Estimates. We never put Estimates in a Story so not sure why we are seeing this warning message.

3 answers

1 vote
Celia Griffin March 27, 2014

I was able to start the Sprint after going back to each story and entering a "zero" (0) into each Estimate field instead of leaving it blank. I have always been able to leave that field empty before, but this time, for some reason, it did not like that field being blank. Any ideas?

0 votes
petry
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 19, 2016
0 votes
Rahul Savaikar February 1, 2016

Thank you to the information Celia!!

Some of our users too are facing a similar issue. I will ask them to try this workaround until we upgrade the JIRA Agile and provide feedback.

Suggest an answer