Cannot set due date of issue - Have edit issues and schedule issues permission, but due field is not appearing on issues.

Mike Hirons October 14, 2016

Using a Kanplan setup, have all admin accesses and permissions. Due field refuses to appear.

Cannot add due date in issue creation and cannot add in edit issue.

Cannot add the due field via "add field" on issue pages.

2 answers

0 votes
Melody Strauss September 10, 2018

I am having the issue in KanBan. The Due Date system field is on the issue screen Create Edit and View, but it will not appear.  As a Global Admin, I can see it. My project lead can see it as a Project Administrator, buy my Developers cannot see it on any screen Create/Edit or View. I added a couple of other custom created Due date fields that were text fields and those would appear for them but the system Due Date field would not.

Is it in the Workflow somehow since the Create goes to the backlog and then backlog gets scheduled as a To Do which is a totally separate process from the Due Date field that we want users to enter as a required field.

Help!

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 14, 2016

Do you have the due date on the create and edit screens for the issues?  Take a look at the "issue type screen scheme"

Imdad KP October 19, 2016

Hi @Nic Brough [Adaptavist],

I have the same question?

Each step in the workflow process needs to have a due date. Having just one due date for when the project needs to be completed is not helpful in moving the project along through each step. Each assignee needs to know when the project has to be done for every phase.

Is that possibele?

Thanks,

Imdad KP

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 19, 2016
  1.  That's a totally different question
  2. Due dates are for issue completion, not projects

You can certainly add more custom fields to issues and present them at different times during the issue lifecycle if you need them.  Just be aware that having more than one will confuse your users, unless you pick sensible and very distinct name for each one.

Robb Wiedrich December 7, 2016

I have a similar issue.  I have the Issue Screen modified to now include 'Due Date'.  I can create a new issue in my project that uses this Issue Screen and the Due Date shows up.  However the 'Due Date' field does not appear in any existing Issues.

How do I get the 'Due Date' field to display for existing issues?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 7, 2016

Click "edit" and put data in them.  JIRA hides fields from the issue view if they are empty.

Robb Wiedrich December 8, 2016

Bingo.   That's exactly how i needed to get to it.

Suggest an answer