Cannot set Time Estimate for job

Deleted user August 10, 2017

Hi All,

We adopted JIRA recently to track workloads on our jobs. I need to set a time estimate for all new jobs before they start. However, the Log Work menu has no Estimated Time field. The Legacy Mode is switched off.

Bildschirmfoto 2017-08-10 um 15.10.53.png

I can only _adjust_ estimate (with the Set To option), but I cannot set it at the start. Because Time Spent is a mandatory field, I must log hours before I use Set To to set my time estimate.

The result is that Time Tracking dashboard on the right side of the issue shows the Estimated Time field as empty:

Bildschirmfoto 2017-08-10 um 15.10.04.png

Please advise.

Many thanks,

Polly Peskovsky

Leadtributor GmbH

2 answers

0 votes
Deleted user August 11, 2017

Hi Warren,

Thanks for your reply.

I don't have these fields, neither in the Log Work mode nor in the Edit mode.

If I had them I would naturally use them.

Sorry, I have the Remaining estimate when I edit the Log work but I still have no Original Estimate.

Also, to get anything on the Remaining estimate, I should first log some work. However, I'm not expected to do this - it's the developers' duty.

Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 11, 2017

Hi Polly

When I said Edit, I meant edit the issue, not the Log work.

In my cloud version of Jira, when I open an issue, there is an Edit button Picture0003.jpg, which opens a screen similar to the Create screen (see below). On that screen you should see the field I'm talking about. If you don't, click on the Configure fields button and select All

Picture0002.jpg

Hi Warren,

I understand what you mean and I've checked again.

We don't have either of these fields on the Edit mode. They are also not available on the Configure fields button.

Should I probably escalate this to the technical support?

Thanks for your assistance!

Kind regards,

Polly

0 votes
Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 11, 2017

Hi Polly

If you Edit an issue, there are 2 fields on that screen Original Estimate and Remaining Estimate. The original one is what you're after - it will then display in the Estimated field in the Time Tracking section.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events