Cannot see svn repository path in Jira project settings

Marina Veselić November 23, 2017

Hello,

Following the istructions given in a recent question "How do you map a Fisheye Repository to a JIRA project", after setting up Fisheye link (no problems occured), when I return to project settings, the option "Repository path" does not appear. And thus, I cannot see the repository path and cannot see the commits in the "Development" tab of an issue.

- Smart commits in Fisheye (v.4.5.0) are enabled.

- Application links in Jira Software  (v. 7.5.2) are all with "Connected" status. However there are no options for Smart commits for Fisheye / Crucible link configuration. OAuth (impersonation) is used for connecting between Fisheye/Crucible and Jira.

- Fisheye aplication links are set and connected.

- FishEye user is in the group jira-administrators and jira-software-users which both have Application access to Jira software.

- Permisson View Development tools is set to "Any logged in user".

- We can see crucible reviews on issues in Development tab.

What configuration step did I miss?

Can you help me and direct me how can I solve this problem?

Thank you,

Marina

3 answers

0 votes
Felipe Kraemer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 22, 2017

Hi @Marina Veselić,

Am I assuming wrong that svn commits can be seen from jira issues?

SVN commits can surely be seen from Jira issues. Once the application link between Fisheye and Jira is working properly you just need to make sure that, when committing code into your SVN repository, the commit message contains the Jira issue key.

Marina Veselić December 27, 2017

Hi Felipe,

That, unfortunately, is not the case. Well, partly. We can see the commits in the activity tab of the issue, but cannot see them in the Development tab. And that is just for svn commits. Git commits and crucible reviews are visible in the development tab.

Felipe Kraemer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 27, 2017

Hi @Marina Veselić,

Can you please disable, at least temporarily, any Subversion add-ons you might have in Jira? Also, please try disabling the Jira Fisheye Plugin that you have in Jira.

This should force SVN commits show up in the Development panel.

Cheers,

Felipe

Marina Veselić January 4, 2018

Hi Felipe,

We do not have any of those plugins. We do have Fisheye as a separate application and it is linked to Jira. Do we need to disable Fisheye?? Althou that doesn't make much sense.

Regards, 

Marina Veselić

Marina Veselić January 4, 2018

The problem was in the fomat of the commit. If there is a dash infront, the issue will not be seen. The problem is explained very well here:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWSERVER-14893

Thanks for the help and cheers,

Marina

0 votes
Marina Veselić December 6, 2017

Just an update.

After changing the project type to software, we were able to connect the repository to the project. However we still cannot see commits for an issue in the Development tab, but somehowe, it shows up in the activity tab.

Am I assuming wrong that svn commits can be seen from jira issues? Beacuse, we can see crucible reviews and bitbucket commits. I will open another issue for this, since it does not correspond to the title. 

Thank you all.

0 votes
Felipe Kraemer
Atlassian Team
November 30, 2017

Hello @Marina Veselić,

Please note that the Fisheye and Jira versions mentioned in the link you've found are really old, and the way the integration works in the versions you're running is different from then. You're not finding the "Repository path" setting because it really no longer exists.

So as to be able to see commits in the Development panel, the commit messages must contain a Jira issue key. Are you alreadt doing this?

I hope this helps!

Felipe 

Marina Veselić November 30, 2017

Hello Felipe,

Thanks for your answer. Even though jira versions from the link are old, the images and the instructions correspond to the current versions. And we have smart commits on and we use them.

I was wondering, why do the links to aplications from jira to fisheye and bitbucket have to be set on project level? 

And it just occured to me, does the project need to be of software type to include the option for setting the repository path? If so, why?

Thanks,

Marina

Felipe Kraemer
Atlassian Team
December 22, 2017

Hi @Marina Veselić,

I was wondering, why do the links to aplications from jira to fisheye and bitbucket have to be set on project level? 

In fact this is no longer needed. These mappings happen automatically in recent Atlassian product versions.

I did not understand this question:

And it just occured to me, does the project need to be of software type to include the option for setting the repository path? If so, why?

Can you elaborate it further?

Marina Veselić December 27, 2017

Hi,

When I choose the project type Bussiness, the option for setting up repository path is not visible. When I switch the project type to Software, the option appears. I was just wondering why is that.

Suggest an answer