Cannot see fields on the resolution screen

Sergey Shmarkatyuk
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 1, 2012

I have selected several fields to be displayed on the final workflow screen, but for some reason they appear to be absent:

Following fields are missing: 'Resolution', 'Fix Version/s', 'Assignee', 'Log Work'). Strange thing is that when I add any other field, it will be displayed on the final screen. I checked field configurations and it turns out that all those fields are visible.

What might cause JIRA to behave that way?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 1, 2012

Permissions - to set a resolution, you need the resolve issue permission. Versions are similar (think it's resolve again, not got a Jira to hand to check). Assignee requires you to have "assign issues" and the work logs need you to have "log work"

0 votes
Vikas Jain August 3, 2012

I missed that the user needs the resolve issue permission to see the Fix version. I added the jira-users group to Resolve issue permission. Thanks.

0 votes
Vikas Jain August 3, 2012

I have a similar issue. I added a new user. The user is part of jira-users group. When the user tries to add or edit an issue for a project, he does not see the Fix version. The permission scheme for thsi project has jira-users group mapped to create issue, edit issue etc permissions. Also 'Fix version' is not hidden (Field configuration). So I think there is not issue with the permissions, but I may be wrong. So why is Fix version not visible?

Suggest an answer