Cannot see Project Administration option

Mimi Lee December 19, 2017

I'm logged in with a "jira-administrators" account but do not see the "Project Administration" option in the bottom left corner when I go to the project browser to view a project I just created.

Supposedly this happens if I don't have the necessary permission, but I verified in the "User Management" section that the account ("jirauser") is in the "jira-administrators" group.

JIRA_Users_2.jpg

I'm new to JIRA and would greatly appreciate any help on how I can access the "Project Administration" option.

Here are more details:

I just installed it on my Windows PC, and followed the setup instructions in Ch. 2 of the "JIRA 7 Essentials" book.  During the JIRA installation I selected to install JIRA as a system service.  

I had previously installed MySQL and created a user called jirauser:

grant all on jiradb.* to 'jirauser'@'localhost' 
        identified by 'jirauserpassword';

When JIRA starts in the the browser, I'm able to log in as "jirauser."

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

I just realized that the problem is that the "Project Administration" option (mentioned in the "JIRA 7 Essentials" book) is now called "Project Settings" in JIRA 7.6.1 

The "Project Settings" option gives access to all of the project administration functions.

0 votes
Dave Theodore [Coyote Creek Consulting]
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 19, 2017

Project Permissions are granted in the Permission Scheme. You need to look at the Permission Scheme that the Project is using, then look at the "Administer Projects" permission to see what has been granted that permission. My recommendation is to only put groups and Project Roles in your Permission Schemes and then use those two to provide access to the users that need to do various things.  If you exclusively use Project Roles to grant permission, it lets you, the Project Admin, adjust perms as you need to without needing to bother the Jira Admin.

Thanks for the info.  It looks like the permissions are correct.

I just realized that the problem is that the "Project Administration" option (mentioned in the "JIRA 7 Essentials" book) is now called "Project Settings" in JIRA 7.6.1   The "Project Settings" option give access to all of the project administration functions.

Suggest an answer