Cannot scanForNewPlugins in state DELAYED with JIRA 7.1.0

When installing a new JIRA 7.1.0 instance from scratch and then try to install any add-on from the marketplace, the install fails and the following error is logged:

2016-02-12 13:32:17,471 UpmAsynchronousTaskManager:thread-2 WARN admin 812x6615x1 qcbkii 10.0.1.6 /rest/plugins/1.0/ [c.a.u.core.install.DefaultPluginInstallationService] com.atlassian.upm.spi.PluginInstallExcep
tion: Failed to install OBR jar artifact
com.atlassian.upm.spi.PluginInstallException: Failed to install OBR jar artifact
        at com.atlassian.upm.core.install.ObrPluginInstallHandler.installPluginInternal(ObrPluginInstallHandler.java:188)
        at com.atlassian.upm.core.install.AbstractPluginInstallHandler.installPlugin(AbstractPluginInstallHandler.java:64)
        at com.atlassian.upm.core.install.DefaultPluginInstallationService.execute(DefaultPluginInstallationService.java:117)
        at com.atlassian.upm.core.install.DefaultPluginInstallationService.install(DefaultPluginInstallationService.java:91)
        at com.atlassian.upm.install.UpmPluginInstallationService.install(UpmPluginInstallationService.java:97)
        at com.atlassian.upm.core.rest.resources.install.InstallTask.installFromFile(InstallTask.java:156)
        at com.atlassian.upm.core.rest.resources.install.InstallFromFileTask.executeTask(InstallFromFileTask.java:37)
        at com.atlassian.upm.core.rest.resources.install.InstallTask.run(InstallTask.java:81)
        at com.atlassian.upm.core.async.AsynchronousTaskManager.executeTask(AsynchronousTaskManager.java:124)
        at com.atlassian.upm.core.async.AsynchronousTaskManager$1.call(AsynchronousTaskManager.java:102)
        at com.atlassian.upm.core.async.AsynchronousTaskManager$1.call(AsynchronousTaskManager.java:99)
        at com.atlassian.sal.core.executor.ThreadLocalDelegateCallable.call(ThreadLocalDelegateCallable.java:42)
        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Cannot scanForNewPlugins in state DELAYED
        at com.google.common.base.Preconditions.checkState(Preconditions.java:197)
        at com.atlassian.plugin.manager.DefaultPluginManager.scanForNewPlugins(DefaultPluginManager.java:854)
        at com.atlassian.plugin.manager.DefaultPluginManager.installPlugins(DefaultPluginManager.java:821)
        at com.atlassian.jira.plugin.JiraPluginManager.installPlugins(JiraPluginManager.java:168)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

Restarting JIRA fixes it...  Restarting JIRA before installing any add-on also prevents the error. I'm having the same error, no matter if I start a standalone instance using the SDK or if I download it from the web.  Should I worry about it?

2 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Noted. Thanks for the reference!

This widget could not be displayed.

Same situation and version for me, on a new install.  All I've done so far is link my Bitbucket account.  Then went to update the universal plugin manager, the same errors came up in my log file.

Restarting JIRA worked, I was able to update the plugin and re-index.

Cheers

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

175 views 2 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you