Cannot scanForNewPlugins in state DELAYED with JIRA 7.1.0

Marc-Andre Thibodeau February 12, 2016

When installing a new JIRA 7.1.0 instance from scratch and then try to install any add-on from the marketplace, the install fails and the following error is logged:

2016-02-12 13:32:17,471 UpmAsynchronousTaskManager:thread-2 WARN admin 812x6615x1 qcbkii 10.0.1.6 /rest/plugins/1.0/ [c.a.u.core.install.DefaultPluginInstallationService] com.atlassian.upm.spi.PluginInstallExcep
tion: Failed to install OBR jar artifact
com.atlassian.upm.spi.PluginInstallException: Failed to install OBR jar artifact
        at com.atlassian.upm.core.install.ObrPluginInstallHandler.installPluginInternal(ObrPluginInstallHandler.java:188)
        at com.atlassian.upm.core.install.AbstractPluginInstallHandler.installPlugin(AbstractPluginInstallHandler.java:64)
        at com.atlassian.upm.core.install.DefaultPluginInstallationService.execute(DefaultPluginInstallationService.java:117)
        at com.atlassian.upm.core.install.DefaultPluginInstallationService.install(DefaultPluginInstallationService.java:91)
        at com.atlassian.upm.install.UpmPluginInstallationService.install(UpmPluginInstallationService.java:97)
        at com.atlassian.upm.core.rest.resources.install.InstallTask.installFromFile(InstallTask.java:156)
        at com.atlassian.upm.core.rest.resources.install.InstallFromFileTask.executeTask(InstallFromFileTask.java:37)
        at com.atlassian.upm.core.rest.resources.install.InstallTask.run(InstallTask.java:81)
        at com.atlassian.upm.core.async.AsynchronousTaskManager.executeTask(AsynchronousTaskManager.java:124)
        at com.atlassian.upm.core.async.AsynchronousTaskManager$1.call(AsynchronousTaskManager.java:102)
        at com.atlassian.upm.core.async.AsynchronousTaskManager$1.call(AsynchronousTaskManager.java:99)
        at com.atlassian.sal.core.executor.ThreadLocalDelegateCallable.call(ThreadLocalDelegateCallable.java:42)
        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Cannot scanForNewPlugins in state DELAYED
        at com.google.common.base.Preconditions.checkState(Preconditions.java:197)
        at com.atlassian.plugin.manager.DefaultPluginManager.scanForNewPlugins(DefaultPluginManager.java:854)
        at com.atlassian.plugin.manager.DefaultPluginManager.installPlugins(DefaultPluginManager.java:821)
        at com.atlassian.jira.plugin.JiraPluginManager.installPlugins(JiraPluginManager.java:168)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

Restarting JIRA fixes it...  Restarting JIRA before installing any add-on also prevents the error. I'm having the same error, no matter if I start a standalone instance using the SDK or if I download it from the web.  Should I worry about it?

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Takayuki Hirota February 21, 2016
Kitologic February 22, 2016

Noted. Thanks for the reference!

0 votes
rmnanney February 21, 2016

Same situation and version for me, on a new install.  All I've done so far is link my Bitbucket account.  Then went to update the universal plugin manager, the same errors came up in my log file.

Restarting JIRA worked, I was able to update the plugin and re-index.

Cheers

Suggest an answer