Cannot reorder quick-filters or swimlanes on all boards in JIRA

Cristina_Abunei
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 3, 2018

Hello,

In our instance of JIRA (7.5.2) we cannot re-order swimlanes and quick-filters, in any board. We can delete and modify existing ones though. Adding new ones also works.

The error is: 

I already saw - https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/jira-software-exception-uncaught-typeerror-cannot-read-property-fields-or-html-of-undefined-779159021.html and I could not find any mandatory field that was not set in the default screen.

I also disabled a lot of add-ons, not all of them yet.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions.

Thank you.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 3, 2018

Hi Christi,

JavaScript errors like this are known to be caused by either of the following:

1. User-installed plugins
  2. Script in the instance (announcement banner or issue fields)
  3. Environment configuration (Proxy/SSL)

The next thing I would do is put JIRA in Safe Mode and see if this continues.  If not we can confidently isolate it to one of the add-ons.  From there you would need to re-enable each one until you can reproduce the issue and from there contact the developer.

After you put JIRA in Safe Mode and test, if you still run into the issue could you please provide me with the following:

1. Did it start happening right after an upgrade?
  2. Did it ever work fine for a while in JIRA 7.5.x?
  3. What changes were made prior to the problem?
  4. Is it reproducible in all browsers (IE, Chrome, Firefox) using normal and incognito browsing mode?
  5. Is it affecting all users or some users?
  6. Is it affecting all boards or some boards?
  7. Please run the following SQL queries in your database and provide me with the results:
    select * from fieldconfigscheme where description like '%<script%' OR description like '%<SCRIPT%';
    select * from customfield where description like '%<script%' OR description like '%<SCRIPT%'; 
    select * from customfield where description like '%javascript%' OR description like '%html%' OR description like '%css%';
    select * from fieldconfiguration where description like '%javascript%' OR description like '%html%' OR description like '%css%';

Let me know the results of your testing.

Cheers,

Branden

Cristina_Abunei
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 4, 2018

Hello Branden,

Thank you very much for your reply.

Turning JIRA to SAFE mode solves the problem. After re-enabling the add-ons one by one, I can confirm the problem is caused by a Table Grid Editor field. I opened a ticket for their team to request assistance.

Thanks once again for your  help

francis
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 4, 2018

We're looking into it.

Francis

Cristina_Abunei
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 5, 2018

Hi Francis, 

Thank you for your reply. I opened https://support.idalko.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/5/SOLV-2219 where I added more details.

somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 5, 2018

Hi Christina,

Thank you for the follow up and letting us know which add-on caused the issue.  Hopefully they can get the issue resolved quickly.

Cheers,

Branden

0 votes
francis
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 6, 2018

Hi all,

The issue appeared to be a conflict between the table grid editor and Intenso's Dynamic Forms.  Intenso took care of it, and upgrading the dynamic forms should resolve the problem

If you still encounter problems - let us know by raising an issue on our JIRA

Francis

Suggest an answer