Cannot move stories between steps after switching from the default Jira Workflow.

Ryan Ginter October 18, 2012

I recently create a new workflow to suit our Agile Story Taskboard. I migrated from the default Jira Workflow with the three steps and nobody can move a story out of the "Not Started" step. All steps have linked status'. Can someone please tell me what I am missing here?

2 answers

0 votes
Ryan Ginter November 1, 2012

I was able to resolve the problem. Everything was setup correctly from the beginning. The issue was that in order to start moving stories around I needed to go into each story and click on the button to move the story from "Open" to "Not Started".

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 18, 2012

Do you have any transitions from "Not Started" step?

Yes. Currently my steps are: Open, Not Started, Design, Code, Test, and Deployed. There are forward transitions all the way to deployed. There are transitions that can go back between Code to Design and Test to Code.

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 18, 2012

What do you mean when you say the users can't move it out? The workflow button is not appearing? If so, are there any workflow conditions on those transitions?

If you try to grab the story and move it between steps, it just gets placed back to not started. I checked and there are no conditions on my transitions.

What file extension does a screen shot need to be to upload it here?

Rising Star
Rising Star
October 18, 2012

You will have upload it elsewhere and link to it from here. File extension is not a problem I guess.

There is what my storyboard looks like along with the status'.

Rising Star
Rising Star
October 18, 2012

Maybe you can add screenshot of the workflow as well?

Ryan Ginter November 1, 2012

I was able to resolve the problem. Everything was setup correctly from the beginning. The issue was that in order to start moving stories around I needed to go into each story and click on the button to move the story from "Open" to "Not Started".

Suggest an answer