• Community
  • Products
  • Jira Software
  • Questions
  • Cannot move some issues from Backlog to Sprint. When do 'View on Board' shows "There are no boards which contain this issue.", but issue is in Backlog.

Cannot move some issues from Backlog to Sprint. When do 'View on Board' shows "There are no boards which contain this issue.", but issue is in Backlog.

Ed Kalogeros November 8, 2016

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 8, 2016

Could you give us an idea of what the board filter is?

Ed Kalogeros November 8, 2016

Yes.  It's just one project:

"project = App2 ORDER BY Rank ASC"

I see the issue in the Backlog.  I can move it into a Sprint.  If I leave the page and return to it, the issue is back in the Backlog.  It does not stay in the Sprint. 

Thanks

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 8, 2016

Right, that's a good easy filter.  I think the combination of that symptom and the original "view on board" problem strongly suggests a broken index.

Could you try reindexing the App2 project?  Then repeat both the drag test and the view on board test?

Ed Kalogeros November 9, 2016

I tried reindexing the project.  Then tried moving the issue again.  It still did not work for the bad issue, but I tried creating another bad one and I could not.  Yesterday I could.  So, the reindexing may have fixed this going forward.  I will need to track this.  Thank you.

Also, yesterday I was searching open JIRA issues and found "JSW-13530:Backlog doesn't display issues on sprint accurately. Issues moved on backlog view revert back after refresh".  This could be the problem, though not sure if the "Sprint" field has anything to do with it.

Suggest an answer