Cannot login to backup Jira instance

Norbert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 7, 2013

Hi

I copied (virtual Machine) my Jira 5.1.1 instance to a testserver which has no access to the Active Directory.
The problem is, I only have users in JIRA which use "Delegate LDAP Authentication", so I'm not able to login to the JIRA instance. Is there a workaround available?
I have access to the Database, so probably I can manually create a local Admin User!

Or do I have to create a local admin user first and redo the export/copy of the installation

Hope somebody can help!

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 7, 2013
Norbert
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 7, 2013

Thanks for the quick help

1 vote
RianA
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 7, 2013

You could restore the local adminsitrator in JIRA by following this documentation. Please do backup your JIRA database for safety purpose. In addition to that, you might need to also run the following query, but please make sure there's no other directory that has 0 as directory_position as its value.

updatecwd_directory setdirectory_position = 0 whereid = 1;

Hope it helps.

Suggest an answer