Cannot log in to Atlassian products from a particular machine.

Ron Dim June 8, 2015

One machine (win) i cant log in to any of the Atlassian products we use. If i go to a different win machine i can log on with out any issues. I cleared my browsing data, cache restart... Anything else i can do to get this going?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ron Dim June 9, 2015

For whatever weird reason... in the logs one of the messages was that app cannot get to AD directory. After i pinged AD machine it seemed to come back fine.. I came across a post that suggested to edit host file and add url IP combo for the AD. I did that and it started to work!!!

Thank you @Nic Brough [Adaptavist] and @William Crighton [CCC] for trying to help and sharing your thoughts 

William Crighton _CCC_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 9, 2015

Hey, congrats on finding the solution. I _try_ to remember to ask the obvious things but clearly forget at times. That solution, though, editing a hosts file on a client system - isn't a good solution and raises the question of what's different between this system and all your others that _this_ one requires a hosts entry but your other client systems don't....maybe a zoned dns with _this_ system not being in the correct zone? Or some other networky snafu that's hosing this system's ability to resolve dns names? Perhaps it's just the resolver order for that system. dunno...anyway...fixed enough for now! -wc

1 vote
William Crighton _CCC_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 8, 2015

based on your reply to Nic's answer I'd say that there's a ....uh....problem somewhere. Still  need more information. Which atlassian products, version numbers, are you always trying with the same username, do you have a local user account in one of the products you're trying to login to that you can use from that machine (after validating it from another), etc.

For a quick try you can blow away the cache in that system's browser - or at least delete all of it's cookies for the domain your atlassian products are in. Helps sometimes for me with Firefox on a crowd run setup.

-wc

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 8, 2015

It's quite hard to guess with "I can't log in" - what is the symptom here?  Do you get to the server at all, or do you mean you can't reach it?  What error messages do you get?

Ron Dim June 8, 2015

1) I get invalid login when i try to log in

2) Directory '*,Corp' is not functional during authentication of 'username'. Skipped - this is in the logs, but if i try to log in from another machine, i can login no issues

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 8, 2015

Hmm. That's an odd one, because if the server can reach the "corp" directory, it shouldn't matter what the client machine is doing. There has to be something broken on the client machine, but I can't for the life of me work out what - the client should talk to JIRA, JIRA to your directory. Could you try a different browser on that machine?

Ron Dim June 8, 2015

Tried IE, FF and Chrome same outcome... Bummer

Suggest an answer