Cannot get jira license, wrong server id

stefano canu November 30, 2017

Hi

I tried to activate  the jira software license but whitout any luck, i got "wrong server id" error, as shown in the attached pitcure.

thanksimage002.jpg

3 answers

1 vote
william.kennedy May 27, 2020

I see the same incorrect UUID value when restoring from a MS-SQL Jira Software Server installation to MySQL

In the application as well as the database the jira.sid.key value is reported as:

1729b9f4-1744-4ec4-afca-158c2eb00282

instead of "4 sets of 4 capitalized alpha numeric characters separated by hyphens":

BP8Q-WXN6-SKX3-NB5M

This is also an open (low priority and unassigned) bug

0 votes
Jeffrey Hoover December 13, 2017

Having a similar issue. my Server ID is not in that four-character base. Instead the Server ID is in this format (changed values):

9999999a-9a99-999a-a999-99a9a9999aa9

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 14, 2017

Hi Jeffrey,

In this case Stefano was using the evaluation license instead of the paid license.

If you aren't sure which license to use and you are getting this error, I would recommend reaching out to our Customer Advocates team via our support page. Select Billing, payments, and pricing to reach out to them. They can look up your SEN and confirm with you which license you should be entering.

If you have trouble creating the issue let me know and I can help you out with that.

Regards,

Shannon

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 30, 2017

Hi Stefano,

Might that 0 be an O instead? Please show me what you see from your System Info in Jira, like this:

Screen Shot 2017-11-30 at 11.42.23 AM.png

Kind regards,

Shannon

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
November 30, 2017

Oh, it also looks like you are missing a digit in the second sequence, since they're all sets of four.

Have a look again and see if you can find out what went missing.

Shannon

Hi Shannon

the questions in why the server id  format required for license is different from the one i have in ma jira instance???

thanks

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
November 30, 2017

Stefano,

I can find this out for you. Could you show me the screenshot as I have shared above so I can look into it for you?

Thank you!

Shannon

yes

this is the screenshotschermataJira.jpg

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
November 30, 2017

Thank you, Stefano.

I've confirmed that it's expecting four sets of four digits there.

Can you confirm with me either the SEN of the license, or the email address of the primary billing contact for this license?

I'll have my Customer Advocates team look into it.

Kind regards,

Shannon

Hi

this is the sen number

SEN-L9831349

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
November 30, 2017

Thank you!

That Server ID appears to be your Eval one. Can you try pasting this instead? This is the ID that is associated with that SEN:

B88V-Q84Y-HLOF-HJGI

Kind regards,

Shannon

stefano canu December 4, 2017

Hi Shannon

thank you, now it's working!

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
December 4, 2017

Happy to hear, Stefano!

Take care, and have a pleasant week!

Shannon

Suggest an answer