Cannot get Post function to work

REE March 13, 2013

Hi,

I am trying to add on a post function condition to our workflow and it does not seem to work. The issue goes through to the Code review status where the issue is assigned to the lead deployment role. (this works) what we need is when the lead developer passes the code, the issue should be reassigned back to the last developer.

So I added the following post function:

"Assign the issue to the last user from the Developers role who had this issue assigned before (unless user selects an Assignee in the transition screen) ."

I have made sure the developers in question are added within the developers role for the specific project. However, when the lead developer clicks Pass review it reassigns it back to Project Lead

Please let me know if i have missed something.

Thank you advance for your help

Kind Regards

Ree

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 13, 2013

Hi Ree, can you check if the project leader has the Developer role too?

REE March 13, 2013

Hey,

The project lead doesnt have the developer role :(

Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 13, 2013

So that's the problem. The issue can't be assigned to the last developer because there's no developer role.

REE March 13, 2013

so i thought as long as the users are added within the jira project, under the roles tab, within the Developers field, the issue should reassign back to them. Or does it have to do with a anothe group? sorry i am new to jira..

Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 13, 2013

Don't worry. That's why AA exist :D

When you use this PostFunction:

"Assign the issue to the last user from the Developers role who had this issue assigned before (unless user selects an Assignee in the transition screen) ."

The word Developers is the role your specifying. If I remember correctly you can change that role, so you can have for example:

"Assign the issue to the last user from the Administrators role who had this issue assigned before (unless user selects an Assignee in the transition screen) ."

REE March 13, 2013

:))

But if i change it to administrators.. does that mean i need to add the developers within the administrator field?

Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 13, 2013

Exactly, you need to choose the role where is the user you want to be assigned.

REE March 13, 2013

Ok so this is where i have added our developers names onto. is that right? for the post function to work.

Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 13, 2013

Yes, now it should work fine, remember that the developer must be assigned before. Hope it works!

REE March 19, 2013

Hi, It works, however it assigns the issue to another developer who is not within the developer project role for the specific project.. I am not sure what i am doing wrong. sorry..

Suggest an answer