Cannot find the project of a client when creating an issue

Nathalie Suteau February 12, 2014

Hello,

I've been working for 2 weeks for a specific client. I'm now working for another client. I'm using the same user and ID but the list of projects I get is the one of my previous client. I cannot manage in the drop-down list to get the projects of my new client. Can someone help me? Many thanks!

4 answers

0 votes
Nathalie Suteau February 13, 2014

Thanks a lot, I'm going to forward your answer. Many, many thanks!

0 votes

I don't know what my first client did but he defined the list of projects properly. The second client is simply telling to get help on this forum as the problem comes from my system and it doesn't come from them. Basically, you're telling me that my second client should add the new projects, am I correct?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 12, 2014

I really don't know. I don't know what your setup is.

You haven't said whether it's two separate Jira instances or one, you haven't said what your access model is, or how you expect to get into the second client's systems

I don't know what a JIRA setup is. I was given one URL by both my clients: https://ssp.ptc.com/jiraand I received one login from the first client and another login (ID and password) from the second client. That's all. Thanks a lot for your help.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 12, 2014

That makes sense. It sounds like the setup is one Jira install, and you have two accounts.

Your first client has given the right groups and roles to the account they gave you.

Your second client has NOT given you the right groups and roles on the second account. It's not very clever of them to tell you to come here for help - they are the ones who have not set up your account correctly, and sadly, that's the best we can tell you - they need to fix your account!

0 votes

I don't know what my first client did but he defined the list of projects properly. The second client is simply telling to get help on this forum as the problem comes from my system and it doesn't come from them. Basically, you're telling me that my second client should add the new projects, am I correct?

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 12, 2014

How are you defining the clients? Different instances of Jira (you need to log into the other instance)? Different projects in the same Jira (you need to talk to the administrators to find out what new project roles or grous you need to be added to)

Suggest an answer