Cannot find Manage Watchers tool.

Joe Feldman March 21, 2013

I am a JIRA/space administrator and I cannot find the Manage Watchers functionality. Your online help says to click on Tools, but clicking on Tools for a space only displays the following selections: Configure, Copy, Delete. However, I have full abilities to edit anything in the space. Right now I am forced to enter each story(and there are hundreds) to manage watchers.

2 answers

1 vote
Dobroslawa Wierzbicka
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 24, 2013

If I understand it correctly, you're trying to bulk add Watchers to your Issues? If that's the case, you can't do it from the Jira user interface, but you may want to see this thread for a workaround: can add watchers in bulk?.

The Manage Watchers permission in Jira refers to editing Watchers on a single Issue level. As for the documentation you're referring to in the original question, was it this article? If yes, mind that it's about Confluence, and not Jira.

Joe Feldman March 25, 2013

Yes, that is exactly what I am trying to do. I asssume Confluence has a different license associated with it?

0 votes
Miranda Rawson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 24, 2013

Hi Joe,

Have you checked the project permissions? There are two permissions related to this that you will need: Manage Watcher List & View Voters and Watchers.

I haven't been able to find any bug reports or other reports of this problem, so I suspect the above my be the solution.

Cheers,

Miranda

Joe Feldman March 24, 2013

Hello Miranda,

I do have permission to do both. However, I still do not see the Manage Watchers choice under the Tools menu for any project. I have attached a screen. This is the page for project under the Agile board. Am I on the wrong page?

-Joe

Suggest an answer