Cannot export custom filed to Excel

Rumit Patel June 27, 2013

Hi,

I have custom fields which I have configured to be used for a specific Issue Type under a specific Project only.

By this, I should be able to see this field as a column in Issue Navigator for that given project.

Now, I can see these fields in 'Configure Issue Navigator' and even arrange them as per my need.

However, when I go back to the 'Issue Navigator' I see a standard set of columns and not the ones I configured (all custom fileds are invisble). So I might me missing something here and which could be a possible reason I do not see them on screen and hence cannot export it. Also, I do not see these custom fileds under the 'Filter' criteria on Issue Navigator screen.

P.S: I am trying to view issues under that 'specific project' only so its not that I am trying to view a custom field under a project for which it is not configured. I have reindexed my JIRA many times but no luck.

My goal is to show these custom fields on a 'Issue Navigaor' screen and also export it.

Another issue I have noticed is, JIRA only shows fields that would 'Fit' to my screen. It doesnt matter how many fields I put in 'Configure Issue Navigator' It would only show about 10-11 fields on screen. (So somehow JIRA does not like a horizontal scrolling unless I am doing some blunder here :))

Any help is appreciated.

Regards,

Rumit

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Rumit Patel June 27, 2013

Got it!!!

You MUST select the ISSUE TYPE in your filter even if your project has only one issue type. Only then it would be visible on the Issue Navigator and so forth you would be able to export all the data!

Funny JIRA I tell you, even funnier than me!!! :)

Regards,

Rumit

1 vote
Ruchi Tandon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 16, 2013

Looks like its this bug Rumit : https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-34812

Suggest an answer