Cannot edit sprint end date when starting a new sprint

As a user I want to change the sprint end date when I start a new sprint.

I get an error message stating that the date is not valid. The format is provided by JIRA itself and not by me. No matter how I try to influence it it always reverts back to the incorrect format when I click start and then returns the below error message.

Kind regards,

Max

image2016-8-1 17:24:13.png

2 answers

A few notes of things to check on or potentially try:

• Please check in Admin > System > Look and Feel > Date/Time Formats and note what different formats your system is set to
  • I've noted that there's a disconnect between that red error message format listed and the format shown in the text field, namly that "a" is missing.
    • "a" is needed for AM/PM after h:mm.  See that your Start Sprint does not have this AM/PM
    • I would assume that it doesn't matter if 0 is entered before 5 for 5am

So when you get to this window, it's auto populated with what exact defaults? 
My system is set to: "MM/dd/yy h:mm a" so my sprint fields default with "08/03/16 12:52 PM"

I'm really betting that it's because you're trying to enter AM/PM?

Hi Geoff, 

Thanks for taking the time to answer and apologies for my late reply. It took a while before I was able to test it. 

I have looked at this setting and experimented with a couple. Apparently changing the time formats from h:mm to hh:mm does the trick. It is autofilled this way by the JIRA date and time picker and I cannot overwrite it. It always reverts back to the format preferred by the date and time picker.

So accepting that format seems to work. I haven't tested it yet with or without AM/PM. At the time of testing the format was set to require / accept AM/PM being filled in. Exactly the way the date and time picker fills out the field.

Interestingly: I started by reverting to defaults but the default didn't match the date and time picker format.

so far, so good,

Thanks again,

Max

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,755 views 11 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot