Cannot edit/delete comments even though permissions are correct

Kit Kline November 12, 2014

The edit/delete icons don't appear. My permissions are as attached. Any help much appreciated

image2014-11-12 12:0:9.png

5 answers

0 votes

Thanks -  I run the permission helper to see if I can delete my comments on an issue. It says I can - but I get no delete icon on that (or any issue). See screenshoits below

image2014-11-13 8:24:3.png

image2014-11-13 8:23:18.png

0 votes
Luciano Fagundes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 12, 2014

Kit,

The best thing to do on this case is to run the permission helper and verify the outcome. Please refer the screenshot below as example.

Screen Shot 2014-11-12 at 5.26.27 PM.png

To run the permission helper, please refer the URL below.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/JIRA+Admin+Helper#JIRAAdminHelper-PermissionHelper

Hope it helps!

Cheers!

L.F

0 votes
David Elman November 12, 2014

looking at your permissions, unless you are a developer, you will only be able to edit your own comments and not someone elses.

So I am an Admin and in QA - but not in the developer role, so according to your permissions setup I could edit my own comments but NOT everyones (I could delete as admin, but not edit).

So are you trying to edit your own comments, or someone elses?

0 votes

Thanks - but that does not do anything - I hover over the comment but no icons appear

Cheers

Kit

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 12, 2014

What does the permission helper say?

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 12, 2014

If permission helper says you can, then could you try another browser.

0 votes
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 12, 2014

You need to hover with the cursor over the comment, only then the icons will appear.

Suggest an answer