Cannot edit Jira Issues

David Koh October 20, 2017

When I'm trying to edit Jira Issues, I get the following error of not being to set fields like summary and description

{"errorMessages":[],"errors":{"summary":"Field 'summary' cannot be set. It is not on the appropriate screen, or unknown.","creator":"Field 'creator' cannot be set. It is not on the appropriate screen, or unknown.","description":"Field 'description' cannot be set. It is not on the appropriate screen, or unknown.","reporter":"Field 'reporter' cannot be set. It is not on the appropriate screen, or unknown.","comment":"Field does not support update 'comment'","assignee":"Field 'assignee' cannot be set. It is not on the appropriate screen, or unknown.","priority":"Field 'priority' cannot be set. It is not on the appropriate screen, or unknown.","status":"Field 'status' cannot be set. It is not on the appropriate screen, or unknown."}}

2 answers

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 20, 2017

Show us your script: We cannot diagnose your problems without an understanding of what you're doing and how your Jira is configured.

0 votes
josh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 20, 2017

This could be one of three things:

• A permission error. The account you're using doesn't have permission to edit an issue.
  • Creator field cannot be set (far as i know)
  • The fields are missing from the edit screen. Even things like summary and description that seem like defaults will need to be on the edit screen.

Suggest an answer