Cannot delete projects (deadlock)

Deleted user October 30, 2015

I have a few projects which I cannot delete. If I execute the delete project function in JIRA, the site loads forever and nothing happens. My user has JIRA System Administrators privileges and the correct schema is assigned to the projects as well. The projects are pretty small and dosen't contain a lot of issues.

I already tried following:

• Restart JIRA (Windows Service)
  • Integrity Check
  • Create new Index

I don't find any exceptions messages like "Unable to delete ..." in the log file.

What else can I do to delete those projects?

Edit 1

It seams like JIRA producing a deadlock. As soon as I click on delete, I find following in my MSSQL database:

101 JIRA.BWOR.Test worklog 1358627883 KEY X (@P0 bigint,@P1 nvarchar(4000),@P2 nvarchar(4000),@P3 nvarchar(4000))SELECT SOURCE_NODE_ID, SOURCE_NODE_ENTITY, SINK_NODE_ID, SINK_NODE_ENTITY, ASSOCIATION_TYPE, SEQUENCE FROM dbo.nodeassociation WHERE SOURCE_NODE_ID= @P0 AND SOURCE_NODE_ENTITY= @P1 AND SINK_NODE_ENTITY= @P2 AND ASSOCIATION_TYPE= @P3 jira GRONJIRA1 1 implicit_transaction SQL
101 JIRA.BWOR.Test worklog 1358627883 KEY X (@P0 bigint,@P1 nvarchar(4000),@P2 nvarchar(4000),@P3 nvarchar(4000))SELECT SOURCE_NODE_ID, SOURCE_NODE_ENTITY, SINK_NODE_ID, SINK_NODE_ENTITY, ASSOCIATION_TYPE, SEQUENCE FROM dbo.nodeassociation WHERE SOURCE_NODE_ID= @P0 AND SOURCE_NODE_ENTITY= @P1 AND SINK_NODE_ENTITY= @P2 AND ASSOCIATION_TYPE= @P3 jira GRONJIRA1 1 implicit_transaction SQL

Find more information here . It also happens, if I delte an issue from those projects.

Edit 2

After further research, I notice that only issues with sub issues are affected. Even if I try to delete a sub issue, JIRA creats the deadlock. If I convert the sub issue to a regular issue, everything works fine.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Deleted user April 13, 2016

I disabled auto commit autoCommit=false for MSSQL in the dbconfig.xml, the issue never occured again. You will find further information in this KB283640022.

0 votes
Deleted user October 30, 2015

@Chander Inguva I did. Have a look at my edit. It seams like a deadlock.

0 votes
Chander Inguva
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 30, 2015

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events