Cannot delete projects (deadlock)

I have a few projects which I cannot delete. If I execute the delete project function in JIRA, the site loads forever and nothing happens. My user has JIRA System Administrators privileges and the correct schema is assigned to the projects as well. The projects are pretty small and dosen't contain a lot of issues.

I already tried following:

• Restart JIRA (Windows Service)
  • Integrity Check
  • Create new Index

I don't find any exceptions messages like "Unable to delete ..." in the log file.

What else can I do to delete those projects?

Edit 1

It seams like JIRA producing a deadlock. As soon as I click on delete, I find following in my MSSQL database:

101 JIRA.BWOR.Test worklog 1358627883 KEY X (@P0 bigint,@P1 nvarchar(4000),@P2 nvarchar(4000),@P3 nvarchar(4000))SELECT SOURCE_NODE_ID, SOURCE_NODE_ENTITY, SINK_NODE_ID, SINK_NODE_ENTITY, ASSOCIATION_TYPE, SEQUENCE FROM dbo.nodeassociation WHERE SOURCE_NODE_ID= @P0 AND SOURCE_NODE_ENTITY= @P1 AND SINK_NODE_ENTITY= @P2 AND ASSOCIATION_TYPE= @P3 jira GRONJIRA1 1 implicit_transaction SQL
101 JIRA.BWOR.Test worklog 1358627883 KEY X (@P0 bigint,@P1 nvarchar(4000),@P2 nvarchar(4000),@P3 nvarchar(4000))SELECT SOURCE_NODE_ID, SOURCE_NODE_ENTITY, SINK_NODE_ID, SINK_NODE_ENTITY, ASSOCIATION_TYPE, SEQUENCE FROM dbo.nodeassociation WHERE SOURCE_NODE_ID= @P0 AND SOURCE_NODE_ENTITY= @P1 AND SINK_NODE_ENTITY= @P2 AND ASSOCIATION_TYPE= @P3 jira GRONJIRA1 1 implicit_transaction SQL

Find more information here . It also happens, if I delte an issue from those projects.

Edit 2

After further research, I notice that only issues with sub issues are affected. Even if I try to delete a sub issue, JIRA creats the deadlock. If I convert the sub issue to a regular issue, everything works fine.

3 answers

1 accepted

I disabled auto commit autoCommit=false for MSSQL in the dbconfig.xml, the issue never occured again. You will find further information in this KB283640022.

@Chander Inguva I did. Have a look at my edit. It seams like a deadlock.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Jira

5 ways you can make the most of Jira Software and Bitbucket Cloud

As part of the Bitbucket product team I'm always interested in better understanding what kind of impact the use of our tools have on the way you work. In a recent study we conducted of software devel...

60 views 0 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you