Cannot deactivate or remove user from groups

Egbert Jansen February 21, 2013

Hi,

I would like to deactivate a user because he left our company.

I can not find the deactivate checkbox and when trying to remove the user from the groups het is a member of, it does not work.

(When in Groups, I can select a group, I can select a member of this group. I click Leave and the user is still a member of this group)

How can I deactivate a user or remove him from all groups so I can add a new user.

We are now at 10 users and I can not add another one to JIRA.

Thanks,

Egbert

4 answers

1 vote
Cheryl Wetherington March 13, 2014

For anyone looking for this answer, here is what I got from support, and it worked for me:

To deactivate a user for the OnDemand platform, we recommend 2 actions:

1. Uncheck their application access

• This revokes access to JIRA. This will also free up the license that this user was occupying.

2. Remove user from all Groups

• This will ensure no communication, or updates are sent to these email addresses.

The deactivate checkbox doesn't actually exist in the OnDemand version of our apps.

0 votes
Cheryl Wetherington March 12, 2014

Same question, one year later. I'm on JIRA 6.2 and do not have the checkbox the user documentation says to deactivate the user. Any guidance would be much appreciated.

0 votes
Jay Desai December 8, 2013

I also have the same question.

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 21, 2013

What version of JIRA are you at? Did you check whether your JIRA version has that functionality?

Suggest an answer