Cannot create project link between JIRA and Confluence onDemand

Lutz Hoeger March 21, 2013

Hi,

We use onDemand JIRA & Confluence. Both have Application Links configured to each other properly.

I successfully linked a JIRA project to a Confluence one. After - on Confluence - I migrated the Confluence project into a new one (and removed the old one), I deleted the project link from within JIRA.

At this point, the page "Manage Project links" on my JIRA project doesn't show any link - which is what I expected.

Now, when I try to add a link from my JIRA project to the newly created Confluence project, I get an error message, saying:

"Sorry, there are no links for this user available, check your permission configuration of the remote application."

I am member of the default administrator group, so I wonder what's going on here. Logging out and back in again didn't change the behavior.

Also, could you point me to an explanation of benefits of linking projects across the two applications? I found a lot of "how to" documentation, but no "why" :-)

Thanks,

Lutz.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 22, 2013

I don't know about onDemand but there is a bug in downloaded version which prevents admins from adding a Confluence space link from JIRA. The other way works fine. Go to the confluence space and add a JIRA project link. That will also give you the option to create a link back from JIRA.

Maybe you can try that and see if it works.

Lutz Hoeger March 24, 2013

Hi Jobin, thanks, that did it (actually the JIRA project was already linked from Confluence).

Suggest an answer