Cannot create new project version

Friedhelm Wolf January 6, 2013

I am using JIRA 5.1.3 and have created a project with some customizations.

When I try to add a new version as described in https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Managing+Versions

Only the headline of the page is visible but no controls are available to add a new version.

I checked the permissions and added the Project Lead (who is me) to the permission 'Administer Projects', but this did not help.

Can anyone tell me, what I am missing?

7 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Friedhelm Wolf January 22, 2013

The cause of the problem is my browser. I am using Internet Explorer 10 which is not supported as I found out from JIRA support.

0 votes
David Chan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 7, 2013

Another idea would be to check your system plugins:

• JIRA Admin > Plugins > Manage Existing > Show System Plugins
  • Locate

Atlassian JIRA - Plugins - Project Config Plugin

• Expand this and you should see a modules listing, are all modules within this plugin enabled?
Friedhelm Wolf January 8, 2013

Thanks, David. All 76 Modules of the Plugin are enabled, but the Problem exists nonetheless.

Any other ideas?

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 6, 2013

Looks strange if you are sure about your permissions. Are you seeing some exceptions in the logs while opening this page?

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 6, 2013

What about in atlassian-jira.log ?

Actually yes, there is an error in the JScript log:

SCRIPT438: Object doesn't support property or method 'setExpression'
batch.js, line 2455 character 15491

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 6, 2013
Friedhelm Wolf January 7, 2013

Renjith, there is no entry in the atlassian-jira.log file for the relevant time range. The Cleaning up of the working directory did not help either. Any other ideas?

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 8, 2013

I am kind of lost. Do you have another JIRA server in which you can try a xml restore of your data? Just to isolate that this is a specific instance issue or a data/permission issue.

Friedhelm Wolf January 8, 2013

Renjith, we only use one JIRA instance so far, and we don't have the time resources to set up another one.

0 votes

Here is the screenshot :)

0 votes
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 6, 2013

What do you mean by headline? Can you post a screenshot? Might be a Javascript meesing up the page...

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 6, 2013

Yes, we need to see the screenshots.

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 6, 2013

Add the screeshot as an Answer

Hi Christian,

by headline I mean the standard headline as shown in the help documents.

I tried to add a screenshot, but this doesn't work somehow here in the comment section.

The page looks ok, and no javascript errors are displayed.

The text of the Header Looks like this:

Versions

For software projects, JIRA allows you to track different versions, e.g. 1.0, 2.0. Issues can be assigned to Versions.

0 votes
Vishnukumar Vasudevan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 6, 2013

Check your Permission Schemes and make sure that you have the rights to Schedule Issues too.

Vishnu,

the 'Schedule Issues' Permission is granted to me without having any effect.

Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 6, 2013

Do you have the right persmission scheme associated with the project?

Christian, the project uses the Default Permission Scheme.

By the way! The same problem seems to appear in the Screen for assigning project roles. These two issues could be connected.

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 6, 2013

Can you disable all plugins, using Safe Mode, and check? Do you have javascript customizations that might be causing this?

Renjith,

I do not have any javascript modifications.

The same problem still exists in Safe Mode.

Suggest an answer