Cannot create multiple sub-tasks for parent task

Deleted user June 20, 2021

As a demand supporter,
I want to be able to use the existing feature to create multiple subtasks based on predefined templates. when I try to add the subtasks defined in predefined template  the button "create sub-tasks" doesn't do anything and the dialog box remains opened. Did 3 Retries. Only after I deleted the subtask of predefined template the other subtask has been created. As all of our team member encounter very often this bug, please advice. I would suggest to open a problem on this and analyse the logs.

1 answer

0 votes
Ismael Jimoh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 20, 2021

Hi @[deleted] 

We cannot tell you here what the issue is as we do not knapp what you have configured with the predefined configuration.

You are already on the right-track on planning to check the logs because this will explain to you why the application behaves as it does. You can also check your browser console and network tabs to see if it can be a front end issue.

1. Reproduce the issue,
  2. Check your logs noting the time your attempt to create a sub task fails,
  3. Generate a support zip of the server,
  4. View the logs (usually atlassian-jira.log) around the time you attempted to create the issue to see what actual went wrong.

If you are unsure of the meaning of the error you see, copy the error only here(please remove usernames, URLs and obfuscate the log as best as possible before pasting it here because it is a public forum).

Regards

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events