Cannot create issues

Hello All,

Please help me with this problem.

We have subscribed for 10 users and we been using for good 3months and all of a sudden this morning I was not able to create an issue. It is throwing me an error message saying that we have exceeeded our user limit and wont be able to create any new issues.

But for the fact I have not created any new users within last one month and been using it very regularly. But all of a sudden it is displaying that error message.

I have attached a screenshot, please help me with this as it is really vital for me

33 answers

1 accepted

Hi all,

Earlier today we experienced an issue with licensing on your instances which has been preventing users from performing functions such as creating issues. We have identified the root cause of this problem, and are in the process of rolling out a fix. If you are still experiencing issues past 12:00 GMT, please create a ticket on https://support.atlassian.com/

Patrick

Same problem here - Site shows 99932 JIRA licenses available

We have the same issue. Please let us know when the issue is resolved.

Rambanam Prasad, thanks for the information.

As I said above that I had problem creating issue this morning, been using it with same number of users for almost 3 months and recently I have created one user and it was a month ago and I didnt had any problem with it.

All of a sudden just got this error.

We are experiencing the same issue, and it has nothing to do with suggested answer

can you double check the users in JIRA Users group

As I know the number of active users is controlled in Application Access section. I have 9 users there.

In Users group there are more than 10, but why does it matter?

As per the documentyou remove any unnecessary users from the groups with JIRA Users global permission (usually the 'jira-users' group).

The same thing. All work is blocked. We cannot use Jira.

As I know the number of active users is controlled in Application Access section. I have 9 users there.

In Users group there are more than 10, but why does it matter?

Rambanam Prasad:

In Application Access I have 10 users.

In users group it is showing up 11 ( system administrator has been listed out extra). Within the above 10 users I am having admin access, but I am not sure about this extra system administrator.

i think that should be the problem, remove one user from Jira-Users Group and try!!

We have the same problem as of this morning.

One more thing we noticed was in the
Application Access page. Here were 3 additional products named with the message: exceeded by 1 user (confluence, bamboo). We dont have the products and no users were checked.

Please fix this soon, our business is down because of this.

is this on ondemand or installed jira?

Same issue here - I also removed all the users from the users group. Even the users whichnever had Application Access and never logged in. They are only there because of an import test - is that a problem? Do I also have to delete every user which does not have access?

Fyi, under Application Access, we have 3 remaining users, still having the issue! We are on OnDemand

Rambanam Prasad:

well I had system administrator extra profile under users and I am not sure whats the use of it. but it has been like that right from we started using JIRA all of a sudden we are experiencing this.

Further jjdeutscher:

Even I have observed this.

We need an immediate fix on this as it is effectiving our business.

It is vital for me and the business as well.

Same problem on our DonDemand Instance. We had 10 active users. I have tried to deactivate 2 of them, but message is still shown.

+1

We've had ~20 users for a long time (+12 months), but only 10 of those have had application access (we're on a 10 user license). Never been a problem.

Today it seems like the license counts towards users, not application accesses?

Seems like a general issue with OnDemand. Please open a ticket at

https://support.atlassian.com

I have opened a ticket, not sure if its is open to view by all though: https://support.atlassian.com/browse/JST-73289

I have the same issue! 15 licences, 14 taken, so 1 remaining and its telling me I've exceeded my limit when I havent!

We have the same problem.

25 Users Licnese, 1 remaining free... Nothing to do with Users Group, all of them are according to the limits.

Everything was running fine till this morning that we started to get the next message error :

_________

Create Issue
You will not be able to create new issues because the user limit for your JIRA instance has been exceeded, please contact your JIRA administrators.

_________

We have checked our users accounts, as well as group users. Also we have reviewed technical documentation. Nothing to do.

Our JIRA licecense is for 25 users and it shows 1 remaining free.
What it shows also is ;

FishEye/Crucible
Check all/none: FECRU 6 exceeded

But we are unable to manage Fisheye users since it Is no longer showed in administation dashboard.

Please could you help us to fix this issue?

Thanks,

As @Udo suggested, submit a support request at http://support.atlassian.com

Same issue. Nothing has been changed since Friday when it will worked. So clearly problem with OnDemand. Please urgent fix for this - our work can't progress!

We have the same issue this morning. We have a 50 user licence. We still have 4 users to go. We revoke access when anyone leaves the company to keep within our licence.

We notice there was a release of on-demand at 1.39 am this morning (GMT). Has this got anything to do with the problem? See https://brighttalktech.jira.com/secure/admin/ViewUpgradeHistory.jspa

I will create a separate support issue as basically we have all ground to a halt here.

Same story. I found a WORKAROUND though:

Completely delete users until the total - sysadmin included - equals your license maximum (in our case 25).

I assume this is a bug in the current OnDemand instance because just lowering the Jira usage through the Application Access' admin page should do the trick.

PS: I also created a separate issue but same story as Kristofer Eriksson: not sure if it can be viewed: https://support.atlassian.com/browse/JST-73315

Same issue here...

same problem here... i have 10 users in application access and i have unassigend atlassian sysadmin from group "users". everythign was running properly last working day, today we cannot add issues...

Screenshot Group Browser

Screenshot Users in JIRA / Confluence

Seems to be a bug? can we get urgent hotfix?

Same to us and we have 1 exceeded user each for bamboo and fisheye/crucible though not having signed them and no persons marked for them.

nice fix :) we got 100000 Licences now ;) hope, we will not get billed for this ;)

How did you do that? We are really using Jira a lot, so people not being able to create issues halts a lot of work.

unfortunatly we are not in this priviledged situation.

Same here, 7 ysers remaining - what happened ?

Sprint planning meeting on hold for a big week. Come on gyus. Fix This !!!

Looks like we got fix now..

guys check it out and i guess you all will be able to create issues ...

bug fix is working.

We still have the issue

Ok working now with 99k users left .....

Not for OnDemand - at my end https://365media.atlassian.net

The bug is still there!

We are still experiencing this issue. Did you create a ticket to get 99K users?

Its kind of confusing that some people have it fixed and others haven't...

raise a support request with atlassian @http://support.atlassian.com/

so they will respond faster than here

cleared Cache, reloaded: Still not working.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Julia Dillon
Posted Tuesday in Jira

Tell us how your team runs on Jira!

Hey Atlassian Community! Today we are launching a bunch of customer stories about the amazing work teams, like Dropbox and Twilio, are doing with Jira. You can check out the stories here. The thi...

139 views 1 17
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you