Cannot create issues via Email, claims it is a licence issue

Sys Admin December 10, 2015

Whenever a customer tries to create an issue via email, I get the following message in my logs.

Cannot create issue due to invalid license: [Sorry, you can't create any issues right now, as you need to have access to a JIRA application to be able to create issues. To gain application access you need to be a member of a group assigned to an application.]

The users have project permissions and create issues via the portal just not via email.

JIRA also claims that comments have been added to existing issues when a customer responds via email but they don't show on the tickets page.

Bill.

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Wazza
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 10, 2015

Hi @Sys Admin,

This sounds like something isn't working right with the email handler, and I'd suggest contacting our Support team.

For a little more self service, I'd say it sounds like one of two things, either you're trying to use a JIRA mail handler with a Service Desk project, or you don't have JIRA Service Desk, in which case each new person trying to create an issue will need a license for your instance, and that's why they can't create the issue.

Failing that, check with our great support team and they'll sort you out!

Thanks,

Warren

1 vote
Dario B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 10, 2016

This seems to be a known issue. For details please see:

Cheers,
Dario 

0 votes
Kennen Palm December 25, 2019

I am disgusted by any company that forces their CUSTOMERS to search for basic onboarding answers for hours on end. How I wish my client chose a different system.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 26, 2019

Hi Kennen, maybe the Community can help you with your issues. Can you elaborate on what problems you are facing?

Suggest an answer