Cannot create issues in projects with gantt charts enabled

Nick Silvestro February 27, 2014

Hello,

Since upgrading to JIRA 6.2, we are unable to create issues inside any project that has gantt charts enabled. I can verify this issue by both disabling gantt charts for the project, and disabling the Gantt Chart plugin entirely.

When inside a project that has gantt charts enabled, one clicks Create Issue at the top, and are immediately shown an error page where the create issue dialog should be. I can provide the full error output if required, but it's quite long. The primary error is "com.atlassian.cache.CacheException: java.lang.NullPointerException"

I have upgrade to the latest version, 3.1.1-JIRA6, to no avail.

Any help would be appreciated!

Cheers,
Nick

4 answers

0 votes
Frank Polscheit
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 27, 2014

Hi Neil,

please read the Atlassian JIRA system admin guide as well: use the "upload" button on page "manage add-ons" as system administrator to properly install the JAR-file. Doing this, you do not have to restart JIRA as it works based on OSGi. Do not just replace any file!

Kind regards,
Frank

Neil Nelson March 27, 2014

Thank you for the quick response. "upload" means install. Who knew? This appears to have fixed our problem. Thank you!

0 votes
Frank Polscheit
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 20, 2014

Please download from my server v.3.1.2 for JIRA 6 at http://www.polscheit.de/plugins/jira/gantt-chart/gantt-3.1.2-JIRA6.jar. Does this work for you?

Neil Nelson March 27, 2014

How do I test this out, Frank? Should I just replace .../temp/plugin.7420836627251313710.gantt-3.1.1-JIRA6.jar with the .jar you've provided? (And maybe then re-start JIRA?)

0 votes
Henri Hamer March 20, 2014

Hello Frank,

We have the same issue. We are running Jira 6.2.1. I will send you a log.

Regards,

Erwin

0 votes
Frank Polscheit
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 27, 2014
Hi Nick, please send me the full stack trace at frank@polscheit.de Cheers, Frank

Suggest an answer