Cannot create issue because of 'Cannot invoke method getValidators() on null object' error

Sergey Shmarkatyuk
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 13, 2013

My situation is related to the one described here:

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/121287/unable-to-create-jira-issue-error-creating-issue-cannot-invoke-method-getvalidators-on-null-object

But the difference of my case is that:

1. There are no hidden fields at my screens.
  2. Only one type of issue cannot be created, that's 'Bug' in my case.
  3. Error is gone when I disable Behaviours plugin, but even though I have deleted all behaviours, error still appears when plugin is enabled.
  4. I have enabled/disabled plugin many times, deleted all behaviours, uninstalled it and installed again. Nothing helps.
  5. Neither SQLFeed nor nFeed plugins are used. 'Database custom field' plugin is used in many places though.

JIRA version: 5.1.[768]

Behaviours version: 0.5.3

Unfortunately I do not have access to the JIRA logs on the server side, so cannot provide more detailed information on the issue.

I need to use behaviours plugin for many tasks, but the situation with 'getValidators' error is a real blocker for me. I cannot enable plugin and proceed with JIRA customization until I get this issue resolved. I would really really appreciate your help on the matter

8 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Sergey Shmarkatyuk
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 18, 2013

Issue has been resolved by disabling behaviours plugin modules hideable-textfield and hideable-textarea

0 votes
Rahul Bahl April 30, 2014

Having the same issue as in JBHV-192, any idea when this will be fixed? Running JIRA 6.0.8 and plugin 0.5.9 and tried 0.5.10 but same error. Thanks.

0 votes
Rahul Bahl April 30, 2014

Having the same issue as in JBHV-192, any idea when this will be fixed? Running JIRA 6.0.8 and plugin 0.5.9 and tried 0.5.10 but same error. Thanks.

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 28, 2013

No, that won't help. I will take a look at it at the weekend. I will probably need the behaviour in question as xml - think you can click advanced or edit or something from the behaviours list.

0 votes
Higashi
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 28, 2013

You could examine workflow, look for validators.

You could also paste workflow xml here, so we could examine it with you. There is some validator that is missing. If you don't require just delete it, or use different.

In workflow XML valiators are in <validators> </validators> tag. Example:

&lt;validators&gt;
        &lt;validator name="" type="class"&gt;
          &lt;arg name="class.name"&gt;com.atlassian.jira.workflow.validator.PermissionValidator&lt;/arg&gt;
          &lt;arg name="permission"&gt;Create Issue&lt;/arg&gt;
        &lt;/validator&gt;
&lt;/validators&gt;

0 votes
Sergey Shmarkatyuk
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 28, 2013

Without logs it's difficult... maybe you could me a backup of your db. Not sure how else to proceed.

Jamie, what specifically do you want to see in the db dump? I am afraid I cannot share whole database, but I can export some specific tables.

0 votes
Sergey Shmarkatyuk
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 27, 2013

Jamie,

Following request has been created: https://jamieechlin.atlassian.net/browse/JBHV-192

it has screenshot and jira logs in attachments.

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 13, 2013

Without logs it's difficult... maybe you could me a backup of your db. Not sure how else to proceed.

Suggest an answer