Cannot create issue because of 'Cannot invoke method getValidators() on null object' error

My situation is related to the one described here:

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/121287/unable-to-create-jira-issue-error-creating-issue-cannot-invoke-method-getvalidators-on-null-object

But the difference of my case is that:

1. There are no hidden fields at my screens.
  2. Only one type of issue cannot be created, that's 'Bug' in my case.
  3. Error is gone when I disable Behaviours plugin, but even though I have deleted all behaviours, error still appears when plugin is enabled.
  4. I have enabled/disabled plugin many times, deleted all behaviours, uninstalled it and installed again. Nothing helps.
  5. Neither SQLFeed nor nFeed plugins are used. 'Database custom field' plugin is used in many places though.

JIRA version: 5.1.[768]

Behaviours version: 0.5.3

Unfortunately I do not have access to the JIRA logs on the server side, so cannot provide more detailed information on the issue.

I need to use behaviours plugin for many tasks, but the situation with 'getValidators' error is a real blocker for me. I cannot enable plugin and proceed with JIRA customization until I get this issue resolved. I would really really appreciate your help on the matter

8 answers

1 accepted

Issue has been resolved by disabling behaviours plugin modules hideable-textfield and hideable-textarea

0 vote

Without logs it's difficult... maybe you could me a backup of your db. Not sure how else to proceed.

Jamie,

Following request has been created: https://jamieechlin.atlassian.net/browse/JBHV-192

it has screenshot and jira logs in attachments.

Without logs it's difficult... maybe you could me a backup of your db. Not sure how else to proceed.

Jamie, what specifically do you want to see in the db dump? I am afraid I cannot share whole database, but I can export some specific tables.

You could examine workflow, look for validators.

You could also paste workflow xml here, so we could examine it with you. There is some validator that is missing. If you don't require just delete it, or use different.

In workflow XML valiators are in <validators> </validators> tag. Example:

&lt;validators&gt;
        &lt;validator name="" type="class"&gt;
          &lt;arg name="class.name"&gt;com.atlassian.jira.workflow.validator.PermissionValidator&lt;/arg&gt;
          &lt;arg name="permission"&gt;Create Issue&lt;/arg&gt;
        &lt;/validator&gt;
&lt;/validators&gt;

0 vote

No, that won't help. I will take a look at it at the weekend. I will probably need the behaviour in question as xml - think you can click advanced or edit or something from the behaviours list.

Having the same issue as in JBHV-192, any idea when this will be fixed? Running JIRA 6.0.8 and plugin 0.5.9 and tried 0.5.10 but same error. Thanks.

Having the same issue as in JBHV-192, any idea when this will be fixed? Running JIRA 6.0.8 and plugin 0.5.9 and tried 0.5.10 but same error. Thanks.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published yesterday in Jira Service Desk

Wy are we still using email for Service Desk workflows?

...attest to the experience of an urgent approval that gets lost in the boss’s inbox and requires that special “Please Approve” email or text message. In an age where we have distributed teams...

113 views 0 2
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you