Cannot create filter, permissions issue

Rob McElroy May 7, 2012

Hi -

I'm trying to create a filter, but whenever I save the filter, Jira redirects me to a login page and tells me that I do not have permissions to access this page.

I am part of two groups that are assigned to the Create Shared Objects permissions.

I am part of two groups that are assigned to the Manage Group Filter Subscriptions permissions.

Is their something else i'm missing? Yes i'm new to Jira. :-)

Thanks,

Rob

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Rob McElroy May 7, 2012

Per support I did not have the JIRA Users global permission. Once I added myself to the JIRA Users global permission I was able to create the filter and save it.

This makes sense as even though I had the JIRA System Administrators and JIRA Adminstrators permissiosn I still needed to be part of JIRA Users.

1 vote
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 7, 2012

I don't think you need either permission to simply save a filter. Sounds like something is wrong... are you definitely logged in when trying to save the filter? If so you might need to contact support... unless anyone else knows.

Rob McElroy May 7, 2012

Hi Jamie -

Thanks for your response. I'm definitely logged in. I will contact Jira support.

Thanks,

Suggest an answer