We have a JIRA installation that our Confluence and Stash installations use as their User Directory. I have easily setup a 2-way Trusted Application link to both from JIRA, but when I try to enable OAuth for either within the Outgoing Authentication/Oauth area I just see the message:
An Application Link from the remote application to this application is required to configure this authentication provider.
But I can see the Application Links in all 3 installations. Any ideas what could cause this message? The message originates in the 400 response to the following URL that viewing the tab requests: http://JIRADOMAIN/plugins/servlet/applinks/auth/conf/oauth/add-consumer-by-url/57f0794e-069a-37f9-****-2f8f931327e6?uiposition=remote&hostUrl=http%3A%2F%2FJIRADOMAIN&outgoing2LOEnabled=true
All 3 installations are behind a reverse proxy, unsure if that migth have something to do with it?
Was looking forward to using the JIRA/Stash integration most of all but only parts seems to work without the OAuth setup being complete.
Thanks in adavance
Unfortunately not. After involving support we still couldn't get to the bottom of it.
Eventually removed the reverse proxy and ended up just using the host name with port, seemed like the best compromise and OAuth worked fine after that.
I ran into a similar problem running behind an HTTP proxy. I ended up modifying the URL you linked above and loading it in my browser to make it work.
First thing I did was change the UUID listed in the URL (your example starts with 57f07...). If you log into JIRA and view your application link, you should see a UUID at the end of the URL. The ID in the URL in JIRA did not match the UUID I had from Bamboo. Changing the UUID got rid of the error message, but didn't let me enable 2-legged OAuth. In order to do that, I changed the parameter "uiposition=remote" to "uiposition=local". That allowed me to enable 2-legged OAuth and finish the application link.
So, in summary, go to JIRA and edit the Application Link that is failing. Grab the UUID at the end of the URL (after "plugins/servlet/applinks/edit/") and copy that UUID into the URL that threw the 400 error. Then replace "uiposition=remote" with "uiposition=local". Go to that URL in your browser and you should be able to enable OAuth.
Hope that works for you!
Ran into this same problem today. The root cause for us ended up being a configuration of ARR in IIS. To resolve the problem, we had to go to Server -> ARR -> Proxy settings then uncheck the box that says reverse rewrite host in response headers
Ultimately, this had to be done both on the local and remote Atlassian applications.
Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.Learn more
Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in talking to 20 people planning t...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs