Cannot connect to UPM server

DOT-COMmunications July 12, 2012

Hi

We recently upgraded JIRA from 4.4.4 to 5.0.6 and are currently looking into upgrading to 5.1. Since the upgrade the UPM has worked fine until recently when it has stopped working.

We are currently using UPM 2.4.1 with JIRA 5.0.6. I have confirmed that the server can connect to the marketplace and can also ping that IP address successfully.

However in our log files we see this error message:

2012-07-13 10:41:25,128 http-49150-9 WARN amallinson 641x1911x1 f9gcbw 81.149.23.191 /rest/plugins/1.0/pending/d2887a26-8680-4348-a7be-8826b1e0dc62 upm.notification.cache.NotificationCacheUpdaterImpl Automatic plugin update check failed

com.atlassian.plugins.PacException: 404

Repeated at random intervals.

When we go to the manage plugin's page we just get the following message displayed:

The Atlassian Marketplace server is not reachable. To avoid problems when loading this page, you can disable the connection to the Marketplace server. Click here for more information...

However we can still update plugins and we can also still use the find new plugins page without problems.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
onkeldom
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 19, 2012

It was a bug. Upgrading JIRA to 5.0.7 solved it for us. Maybe you should try this.

Cheers,
Dom

DOT-COMmunications July 25, 2012

Yeah Atlassian just confirmed as a bug in 5.0.6

0 votes
onkeldom
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 17, 2012

Same problem here. This only affects our JIRA installations, Confluence with UPM 2.4.1 works flawlessly. Any hints?

JT
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 18, 2012

I am getting these messages as well.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 18, 2012

Same here, although it's a test system, and I was happily blaming other teams doing some unrelated testing on the network. I will have another look when they've finished. Our symptoms include clicking "upgrade" or "install" and the page just churning and appearing to do nothing, although when you refresh, the change has been completed. It's like the UPM connects ok, does the job, loses the connection (with a similar message to the above) and hence never goes to the "ok, I'm done, tell the user" process.

0 votes
David at David Simpson Apps
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 12, 2012

Does this happen regularly?

It may just be that you are having networking issues reaching Marketplace from time to time.

DOT-COMmunications July 18, 2012

Everytime i have opened the UPM it appears but yet i can still use the UPM to upgrade plugins using it as well as installing new plugins too.

Suggest an answer