Cannot confirm project avatar

Cord Westhoff June 17, 2013

Hi,

I've got a problem with changing the project avatar: I can browse for a picture and change the part that should be used. However, when I click the Confirm button, nothing happens. Are there any known issues with Windows 8?

Thanks in advance!

6 answers

0 votes
Cord Westhoff July 6, 2015

Thanks for the answer!

Unfortunately, it works with neither browser (Firefox, Chrome, IE).

It seems that picture is somehow selected, however. When I reopen the picture selection, there are empty picture placeholders to select. So the tool recognizes that I made a selection, but the picture is not transferred.

0 votes
Yiannis Dermitzakis July 6, 2015

We had the same problem but ultimately were able to change the project avatar by using Firefox. We do not change project avatars all that often so this workaround is good enough for us.

0 votes
Menno Onel January 16, 2014

At our company we have this problem as well

1) It happens in IE 10, the default internet browser in our company

2) Not seeing any errors in catalina.out when hitting the Confirm button. Maybe there are other logs you're curious about in this case.

3) all users using IE10 have this problem

4) It occurs in two jira environments, 6.0.7 and 6.1.3. I'm admin of the 6.0.7 environment, so i can provide you with all the logging you want

I would love to see a solution for this instead of forcing people to use another browser.

0 votes
Cord Westhoff June 23, 2013

In addition to 3) I tried it on a different machine with Windows 7, and the same problem occurred.

0 votes
Cord Westhoff June 17, 2013

Hi, thanks for the quick reply!

1) This happens on IE and Firefox

2) Since I'm not a sys admin, I unfortunately cannot provide any logs (or can I?)

3) Just to be sure: This is about PROJECT avatars, not users. But in case you mean if multiple users have the same problem, I cannot say for sure. I think I'm the only one who tried yet.

4) I'm using version 6.0.1, but this also sometimes happened on 5.X

0 votes
Ruchi Tandon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 17, 2013

Hi Cord,

There are a bunch of bugs around changing avatar like : https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-17802

However we need to know more about th eproblem here :

1. Are you having this problem on a particular browser or al browser?
  2. Do you get any error in the log files?
  3. Does this problem occur for all users or only a particular user?
  4. What version of JIRA are you using?

We would need to know these details...

Suggest an answer