Cannot complete a sprint - issues are closed status?

Deleted user July 8, 2016

I'm trying to diagnose why a Sprint cannot be completed - The complete Sprint Option is not available. I've checked these issues for the user and the issues and all clear:

• You don't have the right permissions: You must have the JIRA 'Project Administrator' permission for all project(s) with issues included in the sprint to complete it. If you cannot complete a sprint, check whether your sprint has issues from a project where you are not a project administrator (see this article if you need help).
  • One or more of the completed issues in the sprint have sub-tasks that are not complete: You must complete the sub-tasks for all completed issues before you can end the sprint. Note, completing a sub-task means that it is in a status that has been mapped to the rightmost column of your board (see Configuring Columns).

I DID notice that all the issues in the given sprint that cannot be completed have a Closed status. The resolution is Done, but the issue is closed. 

Is this what's causing the "complete sprint" option to not be available? Can I do anything about it?

2 answers

0 votes
Deleted user July 8, 2016

Update: JQL showed one issue that is supposedly in this project (Although - it's in a completely different project, HOWEVER, the board that issue appears on is a different board, I checked the sprint IDs and they vary. There's no link between this one issue and the sprint that cannot be closed. 

There are sprints that share names.

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 8, 2016

Depending on the version you are on, you might need Manage Sprints permission in the projects. Status shouldn't stop you from completing sprints.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events