Cannot comment on some issues / add grayed out / textbox comment missing

Cristina_Abunei
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 22, 2017

Hello,

We have a problem where some users cannot comment on some issues, although they have rights.
In the view screen of an issue, in the "Activity" section, on the "comments" tab, the "Add" button is grayed out for no apparent reason.
We do not have a pattern for when it happens and also to which users. It seems to happen to anyone, randomly, on random issues.
It happens on all browsers, also in incognito mode.
I added a video on what the issue is (https://ufile.io/o7zxy) . Sometimes, refreshing the page solves the problem ,and this is what you will see me doing in the video. Another thing that happens (recorder at the 33rd second of the video) the text box for comments will appear for a very brief moment and then it will dissappear again.

I added the video as it is pretty hard to explain and much easier to understand this way.

The logs don't seem to have anything related to this, disabling Scriptrunner does not help as we tested this on a test instance.
Also, it does not seem tied to a specific workflow, as it happens to issues on all random projects, with different workflows and workflow schemes.

The console output from developer tools also does not seem tho help.

1 answer

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 25, 2017

Hi Christina,

That is definitely very odd behavior.  You said you were unable to find anything in the logs, it happens in all browsers including in incognito mode and disabling Scriptrunner does not help.

• Does this happen if you use the Issue view from the backlog?

Screen Shot 2017-09-25 at 11.18.08 AM.png

I would next try putting JIRA in Safe Mode.  This will disable all the add-ons and allow you to test the behavior. 

Cheers,

Branden

Suggest an answer