Cannot close ticket

Denys Kovalenko
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 21, 2013

Hello,

In JIRA ticket shows like Open but it was Closed many times ago.

And i cannot Close one.

Thanks,

-Denys.

3 answers

0 votes
Abdoulaye Kindy Diallo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 21, 2013

You may want to provide more details. Attaching screen-shot could be helpful. Is that happening to all issues? How many projects/users are facing this?

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 21, 2013

You will need to explain this in more detail. What do the status and resolution fields say when you view the issue?

What do you mean "cannot close" - no option? Error when you try it?

Denys Kovalenko
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 21, 2013

Current:

Stage: Open

Resolution: Unresolved

But it was Closed 1 Month ago.

I don't see button for Close it( its Closed).

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 21, 2013

So it's not closed any more. It doesn't matter if you think you closed it - it's clearly saying it's in an open status and is unresolved.

Could you look carefully at the history of the issue to see what has been done to it - obviously pay close attention to the change of status and resolution.

Could you also check the index against the database - to do this, search for the issue in the issue navigator (e.g. "summary ~ whatever is in the summary") and then in another window, open the issue in the normal issue view. Both pages will show status and resolution for the issue - are they different?

Denys Kovalenko
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 21, 2013

<th width="34%">Transition</th><th width="15%">Time In Source Status</th><th width="15%">Execution Times</th><th width="18%">Last Executer</th><th width="18%">Last Execution Date</th>
Open Open Closed Closed
2m 18s 1 [Some User]

Mon 2013-07-22 13:20 PDT

• Type:Event Event
  • Priority:P1 P1
  • Resolution:Unresolved
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 21, 2013

That doesn't look like the history tab, more the transitions tab. Could you look at the history of the issue?

Denys Kovalenko
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 21, 2013

Nic, its only one action in history tab in ticket.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 21, 2013

It might well be only one line, that makes it easier, but I'm explicitly asking to look at the history of the issue, as shown on the history tab. Not the transitions tab - it's useful, but not for working out what has happened here.

The transitions tab has headings like Transition, Time in source status, execution times, etc.

I need to see the history tab which has headings like Field, original value, new value.

0 votes
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 21, 2013

check the workflow and see the what are the actions availble on "Open" state.

i think some condition has added for closed transition.

if some one reopend that issue check the history tab for this

Denys Kovalenko
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 21, 2013

>if my guss is correct, issues are showing as unresolved even those are closed, is it correct?

Yes.

RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 21, 2013

as per your comment, you said the issue is open state then check my answer i have updated

Denys Kovalenko
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 21, 2013

In Workflow on Open state only Close Issue Action.

Conditions are correct for users which works with this ticket.

This problem only with one ticket.

Suggest an answer