Cannot close ticket - access locked

Jon Faulkner April 23, 2021

For some reason, we have a ticket within our To-Do stream that will no longer let us edit or move streams. 

The issue is no longer relevant and we wish to close yet when selecting the ticket, the below error launches...

Cambridge International instance following - Projects/CRM Platform/CRM Board

Jira CRM-16.JPG

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Vikrant Yadav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 23, 2021

Hi @Jon Faulkner  As per the screenshot, it seems to be a Permission issue. Kindly check with Project Admin or JIRA Admin for Project permission. Are you added in Correct project role which has Browse issue permission.

Hi there 

Many thanks for your swift reply, we have been in touch with our Admin and they (as yet) have not been able to provide a soloution.

I believe I am in the correct role as its a ticket on my Teams board that we raised but now cannot close or move?

Vikrant Yadav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 23, 2021

@Jon FaulknerYou need to check the permission scheme to see what groups/roles/dynamic-roles etc have the rights for "close issue" permission, and then check that your users match that role.

Like Jon Faulkner likes this
Vikrant Yadav
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 23, 2021

@Jon Faulkner  Or there might be missing transitions in workflow that's why not able to move issue.

Many thanks, I have provided our Admin Team with this information.

Vikrant Yadav
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 23, 2021

Cool, glad to hear that helps.  Let me know if you have any follow up concerns. 

Suggest an answer