Cannot clone Jira issue: Stuck with "Enter the summary of the clone issue ..."

Karl Roth May 22, 2014

I want to clone a JIRA issue.

The Clone window pops up with the words "Enter the summary of the clone issue ...". And that's it! There isn't even a text field to enter the summary in - so I cannot enter any text there and when I hit the Create button, nothing happens.

The Clone function works in other projects, so it seems to be role/permission related. Note I'm the Lead for this project.

Anyone?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jose Jimenez May 25, 2014

Hello again Karl,

I suspect you probably changed the Default Field Configuration to make Component mandatory.
If you wish to make Components mandatory or optional, in different Projects, you should create different Field Configuration Schemes and associate them with each project.
I share two links that will help you with this configuration. Hope it helps.

Configuring Fields and Screens

Field Behavior

Karl Roth May 25, 2014

Yebbs!

This did the trick. Thanks Jose.

0 votes
Jose Jimenez May 22, 2014

Hi Karl,

I would personally check the Permission Scheme of the project and make sure you have the Create Issue and Link Issue permissions.

It doesn't matter if you are the Leader, still you must have the right permissions in the Permission Scheme.

Hope it helps.

Karl Roth May 25, 2014

Thanks Jose

I have the Create and Link permission. I just found out that the problem is that some time ago, I made the field Component mandatory. I thought it was for another project only but it turns out that the required thing is general. And there are no components defined for this current project.

So next problem is how to make the Component field NOT required for one project.

Suggest an answer