Cannot click link on dashboard

Jill Pate August 24, 2015

When several users click a link on the dashboard, it does not take them to that page, instead, it leaves them on the dashboard.

5 answers

0 votes
Jill Pate August 25, 2015

I am going to close this conversation, as I just heard from our Local IT department that they are going to re-image her computer on Thursday, as she has been experiencing other computer issues.

0 votes

Thank you Nic and Paulo for responding!!!

0 votes

I am going to close this conversation, as I just heard from our Local IT department that they are going to re-image her computer on Thursday, as she has been experiencing other computer issues.

0 votes
Paulo Hennig
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 24, 2015

To check if it's nothing by the client side, run the same operation on different web browsers using the development tools to check if you receive any HTTP error

I don't know what the development tools are that you are referencing.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 25, 2015

Most browsers have developer tools in them that can tell you what a page is doing, especially when there is an error. A glance at the Firefox I'm running has "developer" in the actions drop-down (and I've added Firebug because I need it, and that can tell me a lot about about page problems too)

She e-mailed and said that she is on IEv9, as she was on maternity leave when we upgraded to IEv11. Will get her upgraded and have her retest.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 24, 2015

What link is breaking?

When they click on a link in the "Assigned to Me" or some other gadget, the screen flashes like the page will open, but it just shows them the dashboard.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 24, 2015

Ok, when you hover over the link, what does your browser say the link goes to?

I am not having the issue - one of my users are. She is in a meeting. Let me ask her when she is done.

She was in a meeting until late, so I was unable to meet with her to further troubleshoot. She e-mailed and said that she is on IEv9, as she was on maternity leave when we upgraded to IEv11. Will get her upgraded and have her retest.

Suggest an answer