Cannot change personal settings

Louis_Ford November 25, 2019

I cannot change personal settings. Any idea why this might be the case?

I've tried changing a variety settings on different browsers for multiple users and I'm aways getting this "Couldn't save your preferences" pop-up.

image.png

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Louis_Ford November 27, 2019

Changing the timezone appears to have fixed it.

I think it must have been because we imported our users from a server instance and it added them in with the GMT timezone, which is not a selectable timezone on the cloud site at the moment.

Choosing any other timezone from the dropdown fixed the issue and let me edit all the personal settings.

0 votes
Jamil Rahimov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 25, 2019

@Louis_Ford 
Please try this:
 First select a language, then save, and afterwards you will be able to save changes in your personal settings.

Louis_Ford November 25, 2019

Unfortunately that still causes the pop-up to appear and the changes do not save.

image.png

Jamil Rahimov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 25, 2019

@Louis_Ford 
Please try this one:
1.png

Louis_Ford November 26, 2019

The screenshot you posted looks different to my screen.

Just to confirm I am on jira cloud. Is there a different screen I should be looking at?

I'm accessing this screen by clicking here in the bottom left hand corner

image.png

Jamil Rahimov
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 26, 2019

@Louis_Ford 
yeah you are right.
Please just first change language and save, then try to change other things:
If it doesn't help please notify me, I will search different ways to resolve this problem.
1.png

Louis_Ford November 26, 2019

Unfortunately changing the language still doesn't let me save the preferences. It doesn't seem to matter what language I try to set it to.

image.png

Here is the request the page is attempting to post. As you can see I am getting a 400 code response.

image.png

Suggest an answer