Cannot attach file to issue: project not found

Brad Marshall March 24, 2016

We have a user that is unable to attach a file to an issue. It says that the project cannot be found. 

Error.jpg

However, according to the Permission Helper, the user does have the necessary permissions.

2016-03-24_14-36-47.jpg

That said, the user should only have permissions to Create Issues, Create Attachments, and Move Issues for the project. They can create the issue with attachments in another project with more permissions and then move it into this project while maintaining the attachments.

2 answers

0 votes
Peter T
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 24, 2016

Hi Brad,

looks like this issue have happened before:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-31669

It is still not resolved, I suggest you write in the existing bug and escalate.

There is a KB for a similar issue although not related to attachment and the solution seems to be to edit project key - see more details here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/no-project-could-be-found-with-id-xxxxx-420971893.html

Update the thread if you have success.

Thanks,
Peter T

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 24, 2016

Could you give us the text in red?  The screenshots are too low-res to make it out.

@Nic Brough [Adaptavist], I enlarged the pictures.

It reads:

Cannot attach file After_Allowing_Insecure_JavaScript.jpg: No project could be found with id '10700'.

Also, I can attach files without issues but I have full permissions to the entire project.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 24, 2016

Hmm, I've seen that before, can you tell us what the project key is?

Also, can anyone attach it, or is it blocked to everyone?

Some people can attach, but some cannot. Those that cannot have the lesser permissions (Create Issues, Create Attachments, Move Issues) on the project. The project key is 'PROD'. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 24, 2016

Ah, crossed comments, sorry!

Ok, the key of PROD rules out what I'd remembered (a numeric project key causes this problem), so a few more debugging questions

• When does the message appear?  After selecting the file add, or the click of the button to commit the change?
  • Can you have a look at the log file around the time someone clicks the creation?
  • Is it possible to work through the permissions one at a time, adding them until your lesser test account can attach?

(Actually, the answer to the first one would give me a bit more to look at faster than you trying the other two)

Brad Marshall March 29, 2016
  • When does the message appear?  After selecting the file add, or the click of the button to commit the change?
    • After selecting the file to add.
  • Is it possible to work through the permissions one at a time, adding them until your lesser test account can attach?
      • So, it appears that the user has to have Browse Projects to be able to attach a file. Otherwise, the project is not discoverable for the attachment. But this is bogus because they have permissions to create an issue and create an attachment.

Any suggestions? We don't want them to be able to see other issues.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 29, 2016

Ah, no, that makes sense, you do need browse to be able to see the issue to which you want to attach it, so you must grant browse project to them.

To hide other issues, you usually use the issue security schemes (The reason I said "usually" is that  if you want "reporter can only see their own reported issues", you can enable "reporter browse" to do that instead, it's far better than issue security)

Suggest an answer