Cannot assign issue to an user after auto-apply service desk permissions

Patrick Aalders November 17, 2014

On starting the 7-day trial I created a Sample Scrum Project, with the developer I had created I was able to assign issues to the myself (logged in as the developer). After enabling the 'Service Desk' for the project and the auto-apply of permissions I wasn't able to assign tickets to the developer user. Only to the service desk agent or the admin user.

I've checked the roles and permissions of the project and the groups the developer user has. Everything should be fine, but still there is an error somewhere.

• The developer user is in the group 'jira-developers' and 'jira-users'
  • The group 'jira-developers' is in the project role 'Developers'
  • The group 'jira-developers' is in the project role 'Service Desk Collaborators'
  • The project role 'Developers' has all permissions under 'Issue Permissions'

Also on the Scrum board the developers aren't able to do anything with the tasks. Also the admin user cannot assign the developer to a task (red error text - "User '#######' cannot be assigned issues.").

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Cesar Salvado
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 17, 2014

If you want assign issues the developer team must have the role Service Desk Agent.  Welcome the new policy licenses in JIRA Service Desk 2.0.

Regars.

So the whole project becomes unusable as development project as soon as you enable the service desk on a project? I've a team with 1 support agent and 10 developers. The developers also do other work than only resolve customer issues. If there is no proper solution that doesn't involve making all developers support agents I don't think this solution fits what we need.

Disabled the Service Desk and indeed I can do everything I want as a developer...

0 votes
Michele Longhi January 26, 2015

Just crazy. I have 2 agents and 5 developers. I simply stay with FreshDesk, which has a valid JIRA integration. Bye.

WEBCODER LTD (EU) February 19, 2018

Do you work for freshdesk?

Suggest an answer