Cannot add a validator or post-function groovy script

DI2E Licensing
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 11, 2015

We have a few issue types that call a groovy script as a validator.  They call another groovy script as a post-function.  Late Friday afternoon I suddenly could not create either issue type, I would click the Create button, it would spin and spin and spin.

When I went to look at the workflows, if I clicked on either post-functions or validators for the transition in question, I never go to that Administration screen.  It would just spin.

Trying to create the workflow from scratch.  I go to add a script validator and when I press either Preview or Add, it just spins.

All the scripts are in /opt/scripts and are owned by user JIRA and executable by user JIRA. 

We are running v6.4.1.  Any ideas what's wrong? These have all been fine for weeks.

10 answers

0 votes
DI2E Licensing
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 12, 2015

You aren't going to like this answer. We fixed the problem by reverting back to ScriptRunner 3.0.12. 

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 12, 2015

I don't like that answer! If you get a chance could you try going back to .14, see if it still doesn't work. You can always go back to .12.

DI2E Licensing
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 14, 2015

Here's an interesting finding. During a JIRA upgrade last night one of the Admins found a long-running perl script. Running since Friday. It was one of the scripts called by a groovy script in my workflow. I was debugging and new groovy/perl script combination when everything stopped working. Is it possible that ScriptRunner is somehow single threaded and no more groovy scripts could be called until this one finished? If that's the case, then it's probably not the downgrading that made the difference, it's the disabling and re-enabling. What do you think? I still haven't put 3.0.14 back in place.

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 14, 2015

No, it's not single-threaded. Quite possible disable and enabling fixed it, that fixes quite a lot of things.

0 votes
DI2E Licensing
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 12, 2015

hanging-on-validator-script.png

Screenshot.  It's not very interesting.  This is where I try to add a script as a validator and after pressing Preview it just spins.  Does the same thing if I press Add.  Cannot successfully add a script.

I have one development team that's basically dead in the water because of this.  Their 17-step :O workflow includes groovy validators so they can't move through their workflow.  Because I can't edit the workflow (it spins) I'd have to recreate the workflow from scratch without the validators.  Who needs a 17 step workflow?  Apparently they do.

Anyway.  A fix for this would be hugely appreciated.

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 11, 2015

Can you attach a screenshot?

0 votes
DI2E Licensing
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 11, 2015

We updated from 3.0.12 on 4/22. 2015-04-22 19:46:47,311 UpmAsynchronousTaskManager:thread-4 INFO ryan.hammond 158x5682x1 1ysylul 172.16.212.194,10.12.233.31 /rest/plugins/1.0/installed-marketplace [atlassian.plugin.manager.DefaultPluginManager] Updating plugin 'com.onresolve.jira.groovy.groovyrunner' from version '3.0.12' to version '3.0.14'

0 votes
DI2E Licensing
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 11, 2015

On Google Chrome Version 42.0.2311.135 (64-bit) similar log. Only thing I see here that I don't see in Firefox is the "FocusShifter wasn't ready" Adding listeners: batch.js?locale=en-US:67 Object {summary: Object, __I18N__: Object} batch.js?locale=en-US:67 Setting timeout for disabling inline edit batch.js?locale=en-US:68 field: summary batch.js?locale=en-US:57 posting runvalidator for field: summary. Payload: Object {summary: "", undefined: "", pid: "13606", issuetype: "11706", atl_token: "BL4S-LU38-KDZP-E60Y|b236afd1c6276ff66adde021f80e1921ec5ff63e|lin"…} batch.js?locale=en-US:38 FocusShifter wasn't ready batch.js?locale=en-US:67 Adding listeners: batch.js?locale=en-US:67 Object {summary: Object, __I18N__: Object} batch.js?locale=en-US:67 Setting timeout for disabling inline edit batch.js?locale=en-US:68 field: summary batch.js?locale=en-US:38 FocusShifter wasn't ready batch.js?locale=en-US:49 submitting form: batch.js?locale=en-US:49 submit field: summary batch.js?locale=en-US:204 ajax[61073195] aborted : batch.js?locale=en-US:204 ajax[61073195] error : { successful : false, status : 0, statusText : timeout, hasData : false, readyState : 0, requestId : 61073195, aborted : true,

0 votes
DI2E Licensing
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 11, 2015

Using Firefox 37.0.2 on my Mac. We update our plugins pretty regularly. I didn't do the update this last time so I don't know what the older version was. I'll see what I can find in the logs. Firefox console log: Object { summary: Object, __I18N__: Object } batch.js:67:345 "Setting timeout for disabling inline edit" batch.js:67:409 "field: summary" batch.js:68:48 "posting runvalidator for field: summary. Payload:" Object { summary: "", undefined: "", pid: "13606", issuetype: "11706", atl_token: "BL4S-LU38-KDZP-E60Y|40bb6c783311fb222e2009e4cc740f9299d0bff8|lin", formToken: "060bc7383936d9d0cb66c2600600725a46099e01", customfield_12813: "", Edit: "Create", __validators__: Object } batch.js:57:0 "Adding listeners: " batch.js:67:311 Object { summary: Object, __I18N__: Object } batch.js:67:345 "Setting timeout for disabling inline edit" batch.js:67:409 "field: summary" batch.js:68:48 "submitting form:" batch.js:49:198 "submit field: summary" batch.js:49:318 "AddCommentButtons called - 102268" batch.js:6314:686 "[behaviors] new content added, clearing outstanding errors..." batch.js:73:217 "behaviors] clearing conditions on: summary" batch.js:73:382 "unrequireField: summary" batch.js:54:381 "ajax[60219705] aborted : " batch.js:204:327 "ajax[60219705] error : { successful : false, status : 0, statusText : timeout, hasData : false, readyState : 0, requestId : 60219705, aborted : true, }"

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 11, 2015

I'm shocked and appalled. 3.0.14 hasn't been out for "weeks" so you must have upgraded the plugin... from which version?

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 11, 2015

What version of the plugin? What browser? Can you press F12 and check the logs in your browser.

0 votes
DI2E Licensing
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 11, 2015

The logs have NOTHING. It's shocking really.

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 11, 2015

Something must have changed. What do the logs have?

Suggest an answer