Cannot add a service in administration page

Zhu Pan April 16, 2013

Hi:

I want to add a "jelly service" but donot know where I should start. I

go to "Administration->System->Advanced->Service" page but there is

not button for me to add a service. Some Google pages say I need to

download a jelly service class but I cannot find the address.

Here is my reference page:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Services#jellyservice

Please help me out, Thanks in advance!

3 answers

0 votes
Zhu Pan April 17, 2013

Hi Nic:

My JIRA version is "v5.0.3#729-sha1:bf569e4" and it's a in-house instance

Hi Danial:

I have appended that option to setenv.sh in JIRA bin folder and restart JIRA service,

but it does not work.

Here is my screenshot at "Service" Page, nothing here for me to add a service. Thank

you both for help!

Services

<th> </th><th>Name / Class</th><th>Properties</th><th>Delay (mins)</th><th> </th>
Comments from emails
com.atlassian.jira.service.services.mail.MailFetcherService
  • popserver: POP Mail Server
  • handler.params: createusers=false,senderEmail=no-reply@proplus.atlassian.net,stripquotes=true,bulk=ignore

Add Service

Mail handlers should be added or edited via our new Incoming Mail section.
0 votes
AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 16, 2013

Hey there, Zhu Pan.

You will have to enable Jelly before you can add the service. To enable Jelly, set the jira.jelly.on system property when starting your application server.

System properties are set with parameters to the java command, e.g. java -Djira.jelly.on=true ... (You can set this parameter in the setenv.sh file in your /bin folder)

How to set this property depends on your application server. For example, set the environment variable JAVA_OPTS=-Djira.jelly.on=true, or when running JIRA as a service, set the service JVM parameter.

Hope this helps.

Warm regards,

Danial

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 16, 2013

Could you tell us what version of Jira you are using? Either the version of your downloaded software, or just OnDemand if that's what you're using.

Suggest an answer