Cannot add a service in administration page

Hi:

I want to add a "jelly service" but donot know where I should start. I

go to "Administration->System->Advanced->Service" page but there is

not button for me to add a service. Some Google pages say I need to

download a jelly service class but I cannot find the address.

Here is my reference page:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Services#jellyservice

Please help me out, Thanks in advance!

3 answers

0 votes

Could you tell us what version of Jira you are using? Either the version of your downloaded software, or just OnDemand if that's what you're using.

0 votes
Ahmad Danial Atlassian Team Apr 16, 2013

Hey there, Zhu Pan.

You will have to enable Jelly before you can add the service. To enable Jelly, set the jira.jelly.on system property when starting your application server.

System properties are set with parameters to the java command, e.g. java -Djira.jelly.on=true ... (You can set this parameter in the setenv.sh file in your /bin folder)

How to set this property depends on your application server. For example, set the environment variable JAVA_OPTS=-Djira.jelly.on=true, or when running JIRA as a service, set the service JVM parameter.

Hope this helps.

Warm regards,

Danial

Hi Nic:

My JIRA version is "v5.0.3#729-sha1:bf569e4" and it's a in-house instance

Hi Danial:

I have appended that option to setenv.sh in JIRA bin folder and restart JIRA service,

but it does not work.

Here is my screenshot at "Service" Page, nothing here for me to add a service. Thank

you both for help!

Services

<th> </th><th>Name / Class</th><th>Properties</th><th>Delay (mins)</th><th> </th>
Comments from emails
com.atlassian.jira.service.services.mail.MailFetcherService
  • popserver: POP Mail Server
  • handler.params: createusers=false,senderEmail=no-reply@proplus.atlassian.net,stripquotes=true,bulk=ignore

Add Service

Mail handlers should be added or edited via our new Incoming Mail section.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,980 views 12 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot