Cannot add a link in Jira to Confluence for specific project

Dave O'Boyle June 12, 2012

I continually get the following message in Jira when trying to add an Application link to Confluence for a specific project:

Sorry, there are no links available when using anonymous access, check the permission configuration of the remote application.

In Confluence (under configure Application links), I've disabled basic authentication and added the admin account to the settings for Oauth for both Outgoing and Incoming Authentication. Both Jira and Confluence are installed on the same server (just different port numbers) and admin credentials are the same in both apps. I've even tried using Basic Authentication but getting similar error.

Am I missing something in the setup? I've added the IP address for the server on the Trusted Applicatiopns tab but no joy (not sure if I'm supposed to add the URL with port number in the URL patterns box or without the port number since Jira and Confluence are on the same server).

Thanks.

5 answers

0 votes
Dave O'Boyle June 19, 2012

Thanks for the information Jean-Marc, I'll look into utilizing the mod_proxy implementation as I'm running both Jira and Confluence on a linux server.

I recall seeing documentation on how to do this but it seems like quite a bit of configuration.

Thanks again.

Dave

0 votes
Jean-Pierre Chiri June 13, 2012

I have experienced such problems with one Windows 2008 server R2+ and JIRA 5 and ConF 4 onboard.

Finaly i use an Apache server to dispatch traffic between the two Tomcats, with my own mod_proxy implementation.

It takes may two days to find the good config... (it is not related to Atlassian Products, but it is hard on windows to have a good Apache distribution on 2.4 version 64bits)

For my administration and security risk assurance i have created on both servers an Admin account that is in the "Confluence Internal Directory" (this directory is priority number 1 on my directory listing).

So that when my admin break is AD server i can log to JIRA or Confluence...

I have use this admin account to make the trustie application link.

When i have a problem with it (reinstal or neither) i suppress it on the both server and i recreate it from JIRA.

Hope it could help.

0 votes

I have experienced such problems with one Windows 2008 server R2+ and JIRA 5 and ConF 4 onboard.

Finaly i use an Apache server to dispatch traffic between the two Tomcats, with my own mod_proxy implementation.

It takes may two days to find the good config... (it is not related to Atlassian Products, but it is hard on windows to have a good Apache distribution on 2.4 version 64bits)

For my administration and security risk assurance i have created on both servers an Admin account that is in the "Confluence Internal Directory" (this directory is priority number 1 on my directory listing).

So that when my admin break is AD server i can log to JIRA or Confluence...

I have use this admin account to make the trustie application link.

When i have a problem with it (reinstal or neither) i suppress the link on the both server and i recreate it from JIRA.

Hope it could help.

0 votes
Dave O'Boyle June 13, 2012

Thanks for the response. I tried both your suggestions but still no joy.

No matter what I do, I continually get the above referenced message and I've gone through all settings in both Confluence and Jira to make sure anonymous access is disabled (which it appears to be the case best I can tell).

When I try adding a project link from Jira, I get something similar:

Sorry, there are no links for this user available

... it just doesn't reference anonymoius access

Everything looks good as far as a trust between the 2 applications. I've configured basic access for both incoming/outgoing authentication but still no joy. I've also configured Oauth but no joy. Don't beleive it can be account specific.

Starting to wonder if this could be an issue with the initial installation. Very frustrating. I've seen other posts about this same problem but I never see a solution.

Thanks again.

0 votes

Try to put the urls that you give on both server into admin / general configuration.

perhaps it will be better to have different name pe :

myserver.com:8080 --< jira.myserver.com:8080 or myserver.com/jira

myserver.com:8090 --< conf.myserver.com:8090 or myserver.com/conf

Suggest an answer