Cannot access jira software after JSM install

Austin Smith January 12, 2021

Greetings!

I have just finished setting up a fresh install of Jira Software with Jira Service Management.  I installed JSM properly through the applications section of Jira.  However, after adding the license and logging back in the following day, I am taken to JSM and unable to get to any of the Jira Software projects.  Not sure what to do....

Any help is appreciated!

1 answer

1 vote
Moses Thomas
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 12, 2021

@Austin Smith  If  They are both separate applications running on different  ports on the server,

if you are not able to access JIRA  software , check the process on the server and make sure that  JIRA  software is running.

Kind regards,

Moses.

Thanks for the response!  It appears the installer installed over my Jira instance, same port and all.  I should have paid more attention, I havent used it since the rebranding!

It also appears it JSM can "co-exist" with Jira Software if installed from within the application.  I cannot find much surrounding the use case - do you know anywhere to dig in to some meaningful docs on the topic?

Thanks again-

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 12, 2021

I am sorry, but that is incorrect.  Jira Software and Jira Service Management (desk) are applications you add to Jira Core.  Austin has said he was running Jira Core + Software already and has added Service Management (desk) to that installation via "manage applications", so he should now have all three running on the same url and port.

Moses Thomas
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 12, 2021
  1. @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- Yes I meant to type if they are both separate apps running on different ports since we can also install both apps in this way too. But thanks for pointing that out my mistake. Well @Austin Smith to be clear is Jira software accessible or you just can't access projects ?

it was showing the login for Jira then going to the external portal for JSM upon login.  I am sifting thru the docs now to make sure I get it right on this next installation round.  I did add the application back and applied license, however, I need to get more familiar w/ how the roles/groups mgmt changed since Atlassian changed it from a plugin and rebranded.. 

thanks to you both ;) 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 13, 2021

Ah, sorry, my response was typed before you'd posted the previous comment to it!  A crossover. 

I had read your " I installed JSM properly through the applications section of Jira" as you were logged into Jira and used "manage applications" to add the JSM application to an existing install.

But you didn't, you really did mean you'd downloaded and installed a separate Jira instance.

Sorry, I answered the wrong thing!

Austin Smith January 14, 2021

I did change the port number when I went to install the JSM bin file, however, I neglected to change the install directory.  I figured it would have installed side by side if that was the default.. I need to read the documentation better, or the documentation needs to be better.. perhaps a combo of both LOL!

Suggest an answer