Cannot access issues in a project

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 2, 2013

I have recently upgraded to 4.1 jira version. After upgrading I can no longer access issues in certain projects.

Please note I am able to access the project as an admin, view the screen which shows number of issues by assignee and status, and also able to view list of issues under any particular status. However, the moment i click on any issue I get this error.

<center>

ERROR

</center>

The project you are trying to view does not exist. Try browsing for projects.

If you think this message is wrong, please consult your administrators about getting the necessary permissions.

This behaviour is only with certain projects and not all.

Please note that I have checked the project roles. I also added my id as an project role - user but still it did not work.

Any ideas?

Rahul

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 2, 2013

Little bit og googling and i have found the answer.

This error occurs due to a project key pattern previously configured in the previous JIRA version.

The resolution is to Copy the previous values for the project key from the old version's %JIRA_HOME/atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/classes/jira-application.properties file

I tried this and it worked.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/'The+project+you+are+trying+to+view+does+not+exist'+Error+Message+Due+to+Project+Key+Pattern

0 votes
Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 2, 2013

Little bit og googling and i have found the answer.

This error occurs due to a project key pattern previously configured in the previous JIRA version.

The resolution is to Copy the previous values for the project key from the old version's %JIRA_HOME/atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/classes/jira-application.properties file

I tried this and it worked.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/'The+project+you+are+trying+to+view+does+not+exist'+Error+Message+Due+to+Project+Key+Pattern

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 2, 2013

Sounds like either of these:

• the issues are not in the database, but your index still has them.
  • the issues have a security scheme which has not been indexed correctly.

In both cases, to test them, try re-indexing (also, if you can, read the database for an example issue to see if it's there) If I am correct, then after indexing, you will not see issues by assignee/status or see them in the reports any more.

Suggest an answer