Cannot Install JIRA Service Desk

Thomas B
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 7, 2017

Hello all,

Clearly I have a valid license and an option to install the JSD software.Upon clicking the Install button, I receive this error. This is very frustrating when there is no human to contact. I've uninstalled and reinstalled JIRA Software many times, not sure why this isn't working. Any leads will help!

JSDerror.PNGJSDLicense.PNG

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Thomas B
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 11, 2017

I figured out the licensing issue but it took me a while. For anyone who reads this post, here is what happened and here is my solution. 

What Happened:

JIRA notified me of an upgrade that was available for both JIRA Software and JIRA Core. As a Project Manager, I like to keep my project management software set for the 'latest and greatest'. Upon installation of the upgrade, my license was not compatible with the upgrade. This made no sense to me (why would I be prompt for an upgrade that my license is not compatible with?). After the upgrade, my JIRA Service Desk license was also not compatible. 

The Fix:

I reinstalled the old version of JIRA Software and JIRA Core, backed up the content within JIRA and in the JIRA Database. After a successful backup of all data, I applied new licenses to the old version of JIRA then I upgraded to the 'latest and greatest'. The new licenses were compatible with the new JIRA Software and JIRA Core. 

Take Aways:

Always apply new licenses to your old JIRA Software, JIRA Core and JIRA Service desk PRIOR to upgrading the software. If you have any questions or concerns about what I experienced, reply to this thread.

Thanks!

Matt Doar
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 11, 2017

Good summary. Yes, licenses should be updated before upgrading Atlassian apps in general. I guess your old license was due to expire on a date before the new software was released. It would be helpful to get a warning about this rather than a failed upgrade!

0 votes
Matt Doar
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 7, 2017

Jira Server or Jira Cloud?

And what messages are there in the log file?

Thomas B
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 7, 2017

Currently have JIRA Software and Core 7.2.6 with JIRA Service Desk 3.2.6 which should be compatilble via Atlassian's Matrix guide (https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjira/jira-platform-releases/jira-applications-compatibility-matrix)

The messages are in the log file. These are completely meaningless to me. 

2017-12-07 13:16:50,878 http-nio-8080-exec-7 WARN thomasb 796x557x1 1es1qw1 10.0.0.170 /rest/plugins/1.0/installed-marketplace [c.a.upm.pac.PacClientImpl] Update check request may take longer because of the number of add-ons
2017-12-07 13:16:57,425 http-nio-8080-exec-25 ERROR thomasb 796x574x1 1es1qw1 10.0.0.170 /rest/plugins/1.0/com.atlassian.servicedesk.internal-base-plugin-key [c.a.p.osgi.factory.OsgiPluginInstalledHelper] Cannot determine required plugins, cannot resolve bundle 'com.atlassian.servicedesk.internal-base-plugin'
2017-12-07 13:16:57,425 http-nio-8080-exec-25 INFO thomasb 796x574x1 1es1qw1 10.0.0.170 /rest/plugins/1.0/com.atlassian.servicedesk.internal-base-plugin-key [c.a.plugin.util.WaitUntil] Plugins that have yet to be enabled: (1): [com.atlassian.servicedesk.internal-base-plugin], 60 seconds remaining

2017-12-07 11:14:49,837 localhost-startStop-2 INFO [atlassian.servicedesk.bootstrap.lifecycle] Attempt to un-register timed promise task runners...
2017-12-07 11:14:55,665 Gemini Blueprint context shutdown thread2 INFO thomasb 668x56569x1 16rw709 0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1 /rest/plugins/self-update/1.0/ [automation.internal.bootstrap.AutomationPluginLauncher] Service Desk Automation Plugin is stopping...
2017-12-07 11:14:55,665 Gemini Blueprint context shutdown thread2 INFO thomasb 668x56569x1 16rw709 0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1 /rest/plugins/self-update/1.0/ [automation.internal.bootstrap.AutomationPluginLauncher] Service Desk Automation Plugin is stopped.

Thomas B
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 7, 2017

There are the only two log files that are updated upon installation. I have a valid license for this and I can't get in contact with anyone from Atlassian to resolve this issue.

Matt Doar
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 7, 2017

So I guess Server not Cloud since you can see the logs. If this is an evaluation, support is in this community

Matt Doar
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 7, 2017

Perhaps the confusion is that Jira Service Desk is an app that can be installed in Jira Software? So the expected process would be to install Jira Software Server then add the Jira Service Desk application.

Thomas B
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 8, 2017

Correct, I understand that JIRA Service Desk is an app that is installed in the JIRA Software, but the installation is unsuccessful. 

Suggest an answer